2006 BMW 325 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 BMW 325:

2006 BMW 325 Owner Comments (Page 5 of 16)

Mar 042014

325 6-cyl

Passenger seat pad sensor failed and says air bag will not deploy. Even though there is a recall notice for this model, yr and mode of failure, the dealer reports that my vehicle was made 1 week before the recall affected vehicles. Is this true and could there have been an exception for 1 week" repair shop indicates this is an identical failure mode to recalled vehicles and seat pad will need replacement. Seems to be too big of a coincidence to not also be related"

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Aug 292011

325 6-cyl

The passenger airbag light comes on when someone is sitting in the seat. Sometimes it comes on when there is no one in the seat. This has been going on for the four years I have owned the car and BMW says there is no recall or can fix it. I have read on the internet other people with the exact same problem and have said there was a recall and have had the sensor looked at. This is a safety issue and needs attention.

- Chatsworth, CA, USA

Apr 042015

325 4WD 6-cyl

Passenger airbag warning system keeps coming on. It is not working properly.

- Kenmore, WA, USA

Apr 132011

325 6-cyl

The air bag light came on and I called BMW customer relations. They told me to take it to a BMW dealer to have the front seat occupant protection mat replaced under an extended warranty (NHTSA campaign number 13V564000). The BMW dealer in scottsdale said it isn't listed as a recall item and they want $180 just to perform a check to see if there is a problem, which is ridiculous there should be no fee at all to fix such an important safety item (airbag).

- Scottsdale, AZ, USA

Feb 202015

325

My air bag and seatbelt light is on since the above date, but was informed by the company that no recalls was issued for my car. What should I do?,

- Schenectady, NY, USA

Mar 122015

325 6-cyl

The air bag light came on and I called BMW customer relations. They told me to take it to a BMW dealer to have the front seat occupant protection mat replaced under an extended warranty (NHTSA campaign number 13V564000). The BMW dealer in long beach said it isn't listed as a recall item and they want $180 just to perform a check to see if there is a problem, which is ridiculous.

- Long Beach, CA, USA

Dec 102014

325

Was notified about recall for my car. When I called I was told there were no part to service my problem and added to waiting list. I am still being told they do not have the parts to service recall and it has been almost 3 months!

- Venice, FL, USA

Nov 272014

325

BMW 2006 325I taken to mechanic due to passenger occupancy seat mat sensor failure associated with recall of same model year BMW. Airbag light illuminated on dash and airbag off light sensor illuminated even when passenger seat was occupied. Manufacturer was notified, but said the VIN did not fall within the range of the recall. Did not authorize repair on the vehicle due to $700 estimated repair cost. Clearly this is an issue with the BMW 2006 325I as apparent with the number of complaints associated with this issue.

- Hawthorne, CA, USA

Oct 212014

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V428000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 4/1/15

- Winston Salem, NC, USA

Nov 032014

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V428000 (air bags). However, the part needed was unavailable. The contact stated the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Melbourne, FL, USA

Jul 222013

325

Took my 2006 BMW 325I to my local mechanic to diagnose air bag light constantly on both on trouble indicator dashboard and " passenger airbag-off " light on above rear view mirror location. Was diagnosed as ' all modules & retrieved 22 dtcs- 9 in foot well module- 9cce, 90B, 9312,9316,9319,9323 all lamps dtcs. 932F & 9345 both undefined. Re-read zero. Roof- A090 shd mechanical system-clear. HVAC & instrument cluster- dynamic stability control 94bd, 5df4, 5da3 wheel speed sensor; plausibility, front right 5D93 same front right 5D93 same front/left, 5E46 steering angle sensor adjustment - multiple restraint system. 1) 93C3 - set occupancy detector, passenger 2) 93do - under voltage driving self test 3) 93F3 - np message ( vehicle speed ) from dsc, acsm, receiver/MR55, dsc transmitter clear and reread - 93C3 returns seat occupancy detector - passenger. There are numerous tsbs & recall for this problem. Mechanic called BMW to see if there is a recall, yes, 10 years/unlimited miles. I called BMW gave them my VIN...but, no luck, my 2006 is not part of the recall, but, yet other 2006 BMW are. Action needs to be taken against BMW, as I have seen many complaints like mine and as you can see, I have documentation from my mechanic. This is a hazard to all who have 2006 BMW 325 I's I was quoted it would cost me $700 to fix.

- Salinas , CA, USA

Jun 182014

325 6-cyl

The air bag and seatbelt sensor on the passenger side is on while driving the vehicle. The indicator lights are always on.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Nov 242014

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. The contact stated that the front passenger side air bag warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer who diagnosed that the front passenger seat mat occupant sensor needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 13V564000 (air bags). The manufacturer was notified of failure. The approximate failure mileage was 102,000.

- San Enselmo, CA, USA

Nov 052014

325 6-cyl

Passenger airbag light went on and after my research found out there is a recall. BMW refuses to fix the issue as they claim that the VIN is not part of the recall. It is exactly as the recall...what do I need to do to get this vehicle under this recall? it is a major safety issue and should not be taken lightly.

- Wake Forest, NC, USA

Sep 172014

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325ci. The contact received a notification for recall NHTSA campaign number: 14V4280000 (air bags).the contact stated that the part needed to remedy the vehicle was unavailable. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact has not experienced a failure.

- Collierville, TN, USA

Nov 192014

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325ci. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V428000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a resonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

May 162014

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. The contact stated the SRS light illuminated sporadically. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic. The technician diagnosed that the seat occupancy detector needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 112,000.

- Long Beach, CA, USA

Mar 012014

325 6-cyl

Started car approximately 8 months ago and the airbag warning light came on. We took the car to the local BMW dealer and was told it was a defective seat sensor. While the current recall describes the same issues, the VIN # was not included on the recall. The car is dangerous to both driver and passenger and needs to be fixed under this campaign.

- Huntersville, NC, USA

Oct 202014

325 6-cyl

Air bag light stays on, model and year id for recall, but not id under VIN number.

- Newport News, VA, USA

Mar 012014

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. The contact stated that the air bag warning indicator illuminated. The dealer stated that the driver side steering wheel air bag needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 140,000.

- Poquoson, VA, USA