2006 BMW 325 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 BMW 325:

2006 BMW 325 Owner Comments (Page 9 of 16)

May 122010

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. The contact was driving approximately 5 mph and making a U- turn when a second vehicle crashed into the front passenger's side of the contact's vehicle. The contact stated that the air bags failed to deploy. No injuries were reported. The manufacturer was contacted and advised that the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number 13V564000 (air bags) however, the contact believed that the air bag failure was associated with the recall defect. The vehicle was repaired. The failure mileage was 60,000.

- Bakersfield, CA, USA

Jan 032010

325 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. The contact stated that the air bag warning light illuminated intermittently. There was a recall under NHTSA campaign number: 13V564000 (air bags) that could have been related to the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and stated the VIN was not included in a recall. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 80,000.

- Prosser, WA, USA

Feb 212013

325

Front passenger occupancy seat sensor mat/pad failure. Initial inquire with dealer resulted in no coverage of repairs due to VIN break. As of December 25, 2013 NHTSA shows that all effected BMW 325xi 2006 will be repaired at no cost to owner. NHTSA campaign #: 13V-564

- Washington, DC, USA

Apr 172008

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. The contact stated that the air bag warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was found that the mat sensor needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was contacted and informed the contact that the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number 08V384000 (air bags). The failure mileage was 48,000.

- Highland Heights, KY, USA

Aug 132013

325 6-cyl

Beginning several months ago, the vehicle passenger airbag and seatbelt warning indicators began to display erratically. They would go on and off at differing intervals. Several weeks ago the indicators both came on and have remained on. Doing some research on the issue, I located a recall notice in 2008 for this exact same issue which included my 2006 325I and that BMW had extended the warranty for this issue for an additional 10 years. The seat mat wiring was determined to be faulty which cause the vehicle sensor to engage the warning/indicator as it could not determine if a passenger was in the seat or not and therefore the airbag would not deploy in case of an accident. I confirmed my vehicle was experiencing the same recall issue from 2008 with a local BMW shop and was instructed to contact BMW of northamerica. I contacted BMW of northamerica and was told that my vehicle was not part of the recall based on the VIN number. "?? this is the same exact issue. Why would my qualifying vehicle not be under warranty for the same make, model, year and recall issue as the recall? why would my VIN be excluded"

- Tulsa, OK, USA

Nov 292013

325 6-cyl

Airbag light went on and idrive said there was a malfunction with the passenger side safety restraint system. BMW is saying that my vehicle is not in scope of the recall, though it should be as it is the same error as related to the existing recall below: Recall id # 57362 - air bags:frontal recall date Aug 05, 2008 recall date: Aug 05, 2008 model affected: 2006 BMW 3-series I am thinking it is because I have the touring 3-series, but they share the same sport seats as the other 3-series. Please add my VIN to the recall list.

- Covington, KY, USA

Oct 152013

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. The contact stated that the vehicle was included in and repaired under a manufacturer's recall for the air bags. The air bag warning light illuminated after the recall service had been performed. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis where the technician stated that the sensor in the front passenger's side seat would need to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 25,000.

- Salisbury, NC, USA

Nov 012013

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. The contact stated that the passenger's side air bag sensor mat was not detecting when the passenger's seat was occupied. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer and the manufacturer was made aware of the failure, who did not offer any assistance since the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 08V384000 (front passenger seat occupant detection mat). The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 100,000 and the current mileage was 105,000.

- Noblesville, IN, USA

Nov 012012

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. The contact stated that he received a recall notice under NHTSA campaign number: 08V384000 (air bags) however, his vehicle was not included in the recall campaign. The contact also mentioned that the air bag warning light illuminated intermittently and over time, the warning light remained illuminated. The manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was 105,000.

- Madison, MS, USA

Nov 052012

325 6-cyl

Faulty seat mat sensor in passenger seat for the 2nd time.

- Madison, MS, USA

Oct 292013

325 6-cyl

My lights comes on for airbag passenger seat. I saw that NHTSA has campaign # 08V-384 for this matter. If the dealer refuse to honor it, how I proceed after that. The air bags don't works with that light on. I have my daughter with me all the time, to and from the school. Thanks.

- Coral Springs, FL, USA

Sep 152013

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. The contact stated that the passenger's side seat sensor mat was defective and as a result, the air bag warning lamp illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the technician diagnosed that the sensor mat needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 104,000 and the current mileage was 105,000.

- Ann Harbor, MI, USA

Oct 212013

325

When a person sits in the front passenger seat, the dashboard air bag light lights up. Also the ceiling mounted warning light lights up, stating, "passenger airbag off." My understanding is that, if the vehicle would be involved in a collision and had a passenger in the front seat, the airbag would not deploy.

- Olympia, WA, USA

Oct 132013

325 6-cyl

Battery was low and wouldn't start jump started the car and received a message that the seat belt restraint tensioner is bad. Has a seat belt with airbag symbol on the dash...plus the vehicle started showing a symbol with a steering wheel with arrows then the car won't start until I shake the steering wheel several times...was stranded for hours then finally it started. BMW has very low quality and problems. This is becoming very unsafe and not sure if I want my family in this unsafe vehicle.

- Victorville, CA, USA

Oct 052013

325 6-cyl

Passenger air bag and seat belt lights have come on. Known recall affecting model year and production date. Was told by BMW that my car did not apply but could not tell me why.

- Lexington, KY, USA

Apr 152013

325 6-cyl

Air bag light on BMW don't recognize the recall on 2006 BMW 325I I paid for diagnose and they don't want to repair the air bag.

- Tarzana, CA, USA

Aug 292013

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325xi. The contact stated that the air bag and seat belt warning lights illuminated. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic for diagnosis. The mechanic stated there was a front passenger air bag malfunction and referred the contact to the dealer. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 51,000.

- Darien, IL, USA

Jul 252013

325 6-cyl

Frontal air bag on passenger side and seat belt light on. There were a recall for #08V384000. I have spoken to the North Carolina ag office about this issue.

- Fayetteville, NC, USA

Sep 082011

325 6-cyl

Since Sept 2011, while driving with or without a passenger, the airbag warning lamp and the passenger air bag on-off lamp are illuminated. It goes off on its own, but returns spontaneously. At first our dealership said they couldn't find anything wrong, then when it kept happening they said we could get it repaired. Per safer.gov website a recall was given in July 2009 with this same problem. According to my local dealership and the BMW of no America, our car was not among the cars recalled. Yet we have the exact same problem occurring as described in the recall. They want to charge us over $1100 to fix the problem, yet there was a recall out on "some series 3 models". how can I be sure some other 2006 series 3 models are not over looked? this makes me feel unsafe to drive with passengers and I don't feel if some are defective, that others with the same issue are considered the owners responsibility. I think they should also be under the same recall guidelines when the same exact issue has been sited and is happening in other cars.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Jul 152013

325 6-cyl

My vehicle (BMW 330I ? 2006), has an airbag/seat belt light eliminated on the dash. BMW has diagnosed it as a failed passenger seat sensor. 2006 330I sports seats were recalled for this item in 2008. My vehicle which has sports seats was never called for the recall. They stated my vehicle's VIN 'does not qualify' for the recall. The manufacturer has also extended warranty for 10 years on all 3 series models with out the sports seat option for this sensor. I have talked a dealer service representative and BMW directly. They said my only option would be to file a complaint and that the government would have to warrant a recall on this vehicle and combination of options. BMW recall id # 57362 - air bags: Frontal recall date Aug 05, 2008 recall date: Aug 05, 2008 model affected: 2006 BMW 3-series summary: BMW is recalling 200,000 my 2006 3 series sport seat, my 2004-2006 5 series standard and sport seat, and my 2004-2006 X3 passenger vehicles. Depending on the manner and frequency of the front passenger's entry and exit, small cracks have developed in the mat. If this occurs, the front passenger air bags, with the exception of the head protection system, will be deactivated and the air bag warning lamp as well as the passenger air bag "on-off" lamp will be illuminated. Consequences: In this situation the front passenger air bags will not deploy even if a sufficiently severe accident would occur and occupant protection provided by the system would not be possible. Remedy: Dealers will rework the front passenger seat sensor mat so that external force application to the seat does not cause a crack to the mat. The recall began on November 6, 2008. BMW will also extend the warranty on these vehicles to 10 years from first registration without any mileage limit. Owners may contact BMW at 1-800-525-7417. Potential units affected: 200000 notes: BMW of North America, llc. Updated 07/30/13

- Midlothian, VA, USA