2006 BMW 325 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 BMW 325:

2006 BMW 325 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 16)

Nov 182016

325

Received notice 11/14/2016 regarding recall # 15V-318 driver's side airbag. Contacted the local dealer 11/18 who said parts were unavailable until year end. BMW's 800 number confirmed there was a shortage of parts in the region. This is at least a 6 week delay based on part availability. Unacceptable

- Croton, NY, USA

Sep 012016

325

Takata recall- my airbag light is on- I have been waiting for almost 1 year for my airbag to be replaced. I keep getting told that there is no remedy available. The dealer name: Ralph schomp BMW 1190 plum valley ln highlands ranch, co 80129 1-888-205-2938

- Lone Tree, CO, USA

Jan 152016

325

I got a letter in the mail about 9 months ago regarding replace the airbags and never heard anything since. The letter mentioned that when ever they get the parts they would contact me. Not sure what the exact date is I got the letter for the recall

- Citrus Heights, CA, USA

Mar 012016

325

BMW North America site indicates that there is a "remedy available" after months of indicating that they were formulating one. I call the dealerships and there is no knowledge of the replacement actuator. I have one of the older vehicles in one of the hot humid zones and therefore should be a priority. I have called 2 dealerships with no success. It has been over 7 months since the recall was announced for my vehicle.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Oct 132016

325

Was having a series of electrical problems and codes pop up and my vehicle. Including the airbag light aluminate. I popped the trunk to find the battery terminal melted. I took my car into the mechanic and they informed me that there was a recall on battery terminals. Although the recall if she from cars 2007 to 2011 my 2006 BMW exhibits the exact problems that I have read about.

- North Hollywood, CA, USA

May 272015

325

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325ci. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- San Marino, CA, USA

Jul 202010

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. While driving at any speed with a passenger in the front seat, the air bag indicator illuminated, chimed, and "the passenger air bag is off" warning message appeared. The failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified. The VIN was excluded from NHTSA campaign number: 08V384000 (air bags). The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 75,000.

- Washington, DC, USA

Dec 312015

325

The passenger seat occupancy mat has failed. Although there is a recall for the same model, seat type (sport) and manufacturer date (2006/02), BMW does not consider our car part of the recall. Recall campaign 13V-564: E90, E91 front passenger airbag seat occupancy sensor mat model E90 (3 series sedan) E91 (3 series sports wagon) only vehicles are equipped with sport seat produced from December 2005 to September 2006 BMW has decided to amend the 2008 voluntary recall (NHTSA id: 08V-384) involving the front passenger air bag seat occupancy sensor mat.

- Camano Island, WA, USA

Jul 152014

325

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325ci. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 15V318000 (air bags) and 14V428000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repairs were unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repairs. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Portland, OR, USA

Sep 162016

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. The contact received a recall notification for the air bags. The dealer reported that the parts needed for the recall remedy were still not available. The contact had not experienced a failure. The NHTSA campaign number was unknown. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Sunny Isles Beach, FL, USA

Sep 022016

325

The front passenger air bag seat occupancy sensor mat has failed and giving an air bag and seat belt warning lamp on the instrument cluster along with pass air bag off light continuously on. BMW claims that my vehicle had a limited warranty extension for 10 years from build date, but I did not receive any such notification although I am the original owner and also lived at the same address. BMW will not approve a warranty repair as they said the 10 year period expired in 2015. The failure of this sensor could cause the air bags to not deploy in the event of a front end crash.

- Winchester, CA, USA

Mar 152016

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V071000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Santa Rosa, CA, USA

May 162016

325

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325ci. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags); however, the part to do the recall repair was not yet available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- North Little Rock, AR, USA

Mar 012016

325

Recall campaign no 16V-071: Drivers front air bag module. BMW states the parts are not available as of March 2016. I would like this fixed immediately. I drive this vehicle daily, commute to work, and drive my children to school, daily.

- Roseville, CA, USA

Feb 012016

325

Takata recall. I received notice of a recall in Feb. 2016 for driver's seat airbag. To date, neither manufacturer nor dealer has any idea when they will have the parts to remedy the problem. Meantime, this is my sole means of transportation, and I am in danger every day. My understanding is BMW has 60 days to remedy the problem. This is way beyond reasonable at this point.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Jun 302016

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. The contact stated that the air bag warning light remained illuminated. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer to have a diagnostic performed. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V428000 (air bags). The failure mileage was 96,000.

- Rockymount, NC, USA

Apr 102015

325

Inttelectual property 200.448 federal award and search of searching art for such disclosure

- Montclair, CA, USA

Aug 012016

325

Passenger seat mat is experiencing multiple failures which disables air bag deployment in the event of an accident. The exact issue for my year, model, and options automobile has been recalled, yet my 2006 BMW 325I with sport seats VIN was not included in the recal listed below. NHTSA campaign number: 08V384000 I believe that my VIN should be included in the above NHTSA campaign recall number.

- Madison, WI, USA

Aug 092016

"takata recall"

- Dallas, TX, USA

Nov 012014

325

Takata recall. My passenger front air bag light is on and no one is sitting in the seat. My car is in good condition.

- Savannah, GA, USA