2006 BMW 325 steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 BMW 325:

2006 BMW 325 Owner Comments (Page 4 of 4)

Mar 182010

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325xi. While the contact was driving approximately 35 mph, the power steering warning light illuminated on the instrument panel. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection. The dealer offered $200 towards the total repair cost. The failure and current mileages were 45,620.

- Bayshore, NY, USA

Aug 192008

325

I drive a 2006 BMW 330xi with the oem Bridgestone turanaza runflat tires. From 2006 to today I have replaced all 4 of my tires and rims twice and still have problems with the tires being to rough on New York city roads which means it just cracking and bending each and every rim on my car over time. Now this problem with the tires being to rough and lack of control with there tires lead to another problem something in my steering rack has cracked. BMW not wanting to tell me what part of the steering rack was broken all they told me was it will cost 3000 dollars and I couldn't pay it in monthly installments, I have been trying to alert them of my situation for about 1 year but they do not take me seriously since I am only 22 years old and take me for a fool. As of yesterday also my lock actuators which is the part of the car that allows your alarm to unlock your doors are frozen and will not unlock any other doors expect the driver by using the manual key. For the im paying everymonth BMW is not diving me the ultimate driving machine, I will not recommend this car to anyone soul in the New York and I am looking to take legal action for my rights against the lack or quality and safety they have put me in over the lack year.

- Astoria, NY, USA

Oct 222005

325

Automobile will randomly veer or drift in either direction. Action is more severe when road surface is less even, but it can occur at slow speed on smooth street. Dealer has checked and performed alignment and otherwise checked out this condition. Dealer stated it is "normal" for sports tires to do this.

- Salem, OR, USA