2006 BMW 325 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 BMW 325:

2006 BMW 325 Owner Comments

Sep 122013

325 6-cyl

After pushing the start button I get this message (not an error, a message): "electric steering wheel lock may prevent engine starting. Move the steering wheel so that engine can be started." So the wheel locks itself all of a sudden I have to tow the car for no reason. Now dealer is suggesting to changing a part and some other dealer says it needs to be reprogrammed. Unbelievable. BMW doesn't even know the reason of this issue..

- Clifton, NJ, USA

Mar 072011

325 6-cyl

I have had three separate instances in a nine month period starting in may of 2010 of alloy wheels cracking on my 2006 BMW 325xit, which has run flat tires. The dealer said it is from hitting pot holes, curbs, or parking blocks. I find this to be very unusual as I live in a warmer state where there are very few pot holes, and I have not hit a curb or parking block. Moreover, in thirty-three years of driving, I have never had a single wheel crack on any car that I owned. I also own a 2002 BMW (that does not have run flats) and have never had a wheel crack on it. A review of the internet reveals complaints by BMW owners with run flat tires experiencing repeated wheel cracks. It appears that the run flat tires may not compatible with the wheels. Yet, nothing has been done by BMW to recall or correct the problem. This is a very dangerous situation and very expensive with the wheels costing $345 each to replace.

- Arnold, MD, USA