1.7

hardy worth mentioning

2001 BMW 325i seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 BMW 325i:

2001 BMW 325i Owner Comments

Dec 012011

325i

The contact owns a 2001 BMW 325I. The contact stated that the air bag warning lamp illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who diagnosed that the air bag and the air bag sensor needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired however, the remedy failed to correct the problem. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure who did not offer any assistance. The vehicle was not further repaired. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 98,000 and the current mileage was 110,000.

- Howell, NJ, USA

Jan 012011

325i

The contact owns a 2001 BMW 325I. The contact stated that the air bag light remained illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the local mechanic and a diagnostic was performed. The failure was located at the driver seat belt tensioner. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 50,000 and the current mileage was 66,000.

- Fremont , CA, USA

Jan 102011

325i

My 2001 BMW 325I air bag light is on and off constantly and engine stall at low speed( most of the time when I revert).

- Houston, TX, USA

Apr 152010

325i

Drove over a small pothole on a street, and the side and curtain airbags prematurely deployed on the passenger side. I had to order a new side airbag. I am still unable to order a curtain airbag. This is a big safety concern, as the airbags could have injured my passenger. The car has no body damage, and drives perfectly. I have a airbag signal on the dash.

- Stevenson Ranch, CA, USA

Jun 302008

325i

BMW has recalled some models and years in North America to fix a possible defect that may keep the front passenger airbag from opening in a crash. However, they have not recalled my 2001 325 I., ( ) my warning light is on and they can not guarantee that the passenger airbag will deploy. I have made repeated attempts to request a guarantee that the passenger airbag will deploy in a crash regardless if there is a passenger or not. I would just like some type of guarantee that the airbag will deploy in all cases. The current recall concerns the front passenger airbag seat sensor mat in certain 2004-2006 model year vehicles. Since I have a 2001, they are not responding to me. This is a serious safety issue and I do not have 700 or 800 dollars to just replace a mat without a guarantee that the airbag itself is functioning. My first attempt to notify BMW was in June of 2008. I bought the car from competition BMW in June of 2001at 599 East jericho turnpike smithtown New York 11787. I have serviced my vehicle there for the last 8 years. I am very disgusted that the dealer has just ignored my concerns. My son will be driving this car shortly and he will be transporting other students in a carpool to school. He attends St. Anthony's high school in huntington and it is a 25 mile drive each way to school. Please let me know how I should approach the dealer or BMW to fix this safely issue for me. I have been a loyal customer for years now. I have always used the same dealer for service over the years I have the car. Thank you in advance for your assistance with this issue.

- Sayville, NY, USA

May 152008

325i

I just read that your Agency have asked BMW to recall 2006 3 series for a defect in the passenger side airbag sensor. I currently have a 2001, BMW 325I. And my passenger side airbag sensor is not working, and last year was repaired by the dealer. This latest occurrence happened after my 12 year old nephew moved the seat. The sensor warning light is on in the dashboard.

- St. Louis, MO, USA