4.0

1. wait until the rattle gets really bad, then replace (1 reports)
1997 BMW 328 AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 BMW 328:

1997 BMW 328 Owner Comments

Jun 012002

328 iC 2.8L I6

One day the A/C compressor started rattling. It wasn't bad at first but has gotten progressively worse over the last couple years. The A/C still works great & being a convertible I don't use it much, but it's pretty annoying just the same. I was looking through my service records & turns out the previous owner had the A/C compressor replaced for the same reason, so I'm not in a rush to get it fixed, until the rattle gets worse anyway.

I noticed there's a 1999 323i with this same exact A/C problem reported.

- , South Hero, VT, USA