2007 BMW 328 accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 BMW 328:

2007 BMW 328 Owner Comments

Aug 012016

The rear view mirror ball and socket joint is loose. The rear view mirror can move out of the set position by its own weight, particularly when warm, or when driving over bumps. This impares the ability to use the mirror when driving.

- Fremont, CA, USA

Jun 262015

The contact owns a 2007 BMW 328I. While driving 70 mph, the instrument panel warning indicators illuminated and the windshield wipers started to activate independently. The contact also stated that the ignition had difficulty switching into the on position. The contact also stated that the door locks would also work independently. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 140,000.

- Fontana, CA, USA

Jun 122013

328 6-cyl

I was driving home on the highway during a rainstorm when the 4X4, brakes warning came on. The handling immediately was affected. I didn't feel the traction I was used to and braking became dangerous. I wanted to pull over but the brakes made the car stop too abruptly, causing me to skid on the wet road. Had the highway been busier I'm sure I would've been in a serious accident. I consider myself very lucky. I took my car to a local mechanic. I was told that it was the transfer case actuator gear. It's plastic and the intense heat causes it to fail. I was told this problem is very much that the replacements are made of a different composite and more heat resistant. My question is why do I have to pay for a gear that is recognized as faulty. If the replacements are better than the original then obviously BMW recognizes that too. This is becoming way to common for BMW not to react.

- Budd Lake, NJ, USA

Apr 292011

328 6-cyl

The BMW 3 series (mine included) identified by chassis designations E90, E91, E92, and E93 (all us models) have a known defect regarding automatic exterior mirror movement when unlocking the vehicle doors using the key fob. The mirror movement occurs regardless of which key fob is presented to unlock doors. A single keyfob unlock process can trigger innumerable exterior mirror positions. The unsuspecting driver who does not check both his/her driver and passenger side mirrors prior to driving the vehicle will be required to set the proper mirror positions while driving or leave them maladjusted until the next stop, impairing their ability to see vehicles adjacent or oncoming vehicles from the rear, including emergency vehicles. BMW has issued a service bulletin regarding this defect. However, only cars with existing manufacturer warranties are repaired if this issue occurs. Ref BMW si B51 36 08 the problem has been linked to corrosion of mirror motor electrical connectors. It is also plausible that all electrical adjustment of the exterior mirrors would be rendered an impossibility if the problem escalates.

- Daphne, AL, USA