2007 BMW 328 lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 BMW 328:

2007 BMW 328 Owner Comments

Jan 062016

This is an addition to our previous recall problems as all electrical shut off as well. Here are the additional documents to be added to public record that indeed 6 recalls were recorded to our registered VIN and yet was told BMW had no obligation to adhere to these documents?! its also crazy that we have tons of documents and yet we are allowed to show a mbyte at a time. How convenient.

- Romeoville, IL, USA

Nov 282015

Xenon adaptive headlights - the wire inside my xenon adaptive headlights is brittle and the insulation is flaking off. I discovered the problem when I opened one of my headlight assemblies to replace a bulb. Significant amounts of wire insulation have flaked off and exposed copper wiring. I have lots of pictures. I am fortunate that I did not have a short or a fire. This is a safety issue and completely unacceptable. BMW must already know that they have a wiring defect in their cars. BMW replacement headlight assemblies are $2600 plus labor. I am the second owner of this 2007 BMW 328I E92 with 48,000 miles. BMW would not stand behind their product and replace the headlight assemblies.

- Parkland, FL, USA

May 012013

Shielding on daytime running lights has frayed and is peeling. Addressed this matter with dealership who in turn referred me to regional brand manager. Brand manager indicated that the wire just doesn't fray and I must have modified my vehicle to cause the problem. My vehicle is completely stock except for a K&N filter has had all services performed at the dealer until about a 10 months when the factory extended warranty expired. I still take it to the dealership for major services but perform oil changes and spark plug changes on my own. Brand manager offered to discount a new set of headlights by 20% to resolve the problem but at over $1K for each headlight assembly it seems unreasonable for a manufacturing defect. I'm addressing this problem now as my drl bulbs (H8's) have blown on each side twice over the past four months and the shielding drl harness has completely peeled away. A potential fired hazard as both negative and positive leads are exposed. Having the hid adaptive headlights in such close proximity to the exposed harness seems like a potential for a short which may result in a fire.

- Little River Academy, TX, USA

Apr 182015

328 6-cyl

I was driving on an empty road when the car shut off completely, the cabin lost all power and the car went on black out mode. I began to press the brake but it was rough and unresponsive, I pulled the emergency brake to continue to stop slowly, once on the side of the road, I began to examine the vehicle, opened the battery compartment in the trunk of the vehicle and seemed to be fine, I popped the hood open, examined a little bit more for fluids or signs of over heating and was unsuccessful, called a tow truck, the driver tested the battery and said the battery was not taking the charge, so he towed me home, the next day I took the battery to the place I purchased it from since it was still under warranty, this battery had a 2 year warranty and was used for 8 months. I installed the battery and the power in the cabin and dash was reestablished, a warning light came on the dash shortly after I try to start the car and a clicking noise from where the fuse box is located, on the passenger side began. I pulled the key out, attempted to start the car again and an icon of a steering wheel and locked popped up, all in red. I ceased to attempt to start the car, I researched the following day and it seems like it had to be taken to the BMW dealer, on Tuesday 4/22 the car was towed to the dealer, I was informed the battery was dead once again and that the issue was the steering column mechanism which was locked, they wanted to charge $1200 to perform the labor, apparently they reset the code and the car was turned on, once I realized the car was drivable and that there is no special coding to perform the job, I asked for the car to be released after paying $160. The vehicle has an electrical issue that causes the battery to put out higher voltage than the car needs and therefore causes the battery to malfunction.

- Tampa, FL, USA

May 012014

328 6-cyl

Passenger restraint system malfunction - warning error is on after multiples batteries have been replaced. Airbag is no longer working since this warning is on. The rear brake lights malfunction warming are on but still working/on. The right rear night light is not working but no warning error message. We changed the bulb but still not working... please help!!!

- Fountain Valley, CA, USA

Aug 292014

328 6-cyl

Both rear light housings have melted from some sort of short or grounding issue.

- Buffalo, NY, USA

Sep 182013

328 6-cyl

Passenger turn signal bulb was thought to be out. Brought to local BMW dealer and had them tell me I need a whole headlight since the turn signal burned inside.

- Latham , NY, USA

Nov 142011

My 2007 BMW 328xi completely powered down while I was driving. I was forced to "coast" into a side lane on a busy road during the first occurrence. Since this first incident my car has been having this same exact issue - recently, much more frequently. I feel as if this is an incredibly dangerous issue since this has happened while I have been driving on incredibly busy streets and I could have easily gotten into some form of an accident.

- Silver Spring, MD, USA

Jan 102012

328 6-cyl

After being service by dealer for 4 days which included the replacement of right headlight and ABS and brake system the car caught fire which seem to be related to electrical system. While driving the car heavy toxic smoke started coming out of ventilator of ac system. I immediately step out of the car and in a few minutes smoke and flames located in the engine in front of passenger seat burn the car. Flames and black plastic were coming also under the glove compartment right in front of passenger seat. Dealer quoted $25000 for repair and insurance company declared it total loss. Car was delivered to dealer who has kept it for a month, engineer from BMW North America came and inspected but no report has been issued by them or dealer. This company has no concern for safety of consumers and should be penalize. After having owned six BMW's I feel these autos are not safe.

- San Juan , PR, USA