2009 BMW 328 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 BMW 328:

2009 BMW 328 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

328

Takata recall- I was notified in March 2016 that my airbags are defective, I have called baron BMW in overland park, ks the status & have been told it would be a couple of months. That was last September. It is now almost 1 year from my notice & BMW has not done anything. I have also emailed the cust serv. For BMW with no response.

- Lenexa, KS, USA

Dec 102016

328

Takata recall: I have not yet been contacted to have the airbag in my vehicle replaced. My partner who is an occasional driver and frequent passenger in the vehicle is newly pregnant. My car is quite old. We live in Hawaii, a state with one of the highest levels of humidity. A potential inflator rupture could cause serious injury or death to me, my partner, or our unborn child.

- Honolulu, HI, USA

Dec 052016

328

Takata recall complaint on the time it takes to get this fixed. I received noticed around March 2016, it is now December 2016, what is considered a timely remedy to this situation" 1 year? in other words, how long do I have to put my life at risk until this becomes remedied? I was involved in an accident previously that cause dmy car to be a total lost, should I consider myself lucky that the takata recall issue did not kill me" just waiting for someone to tell me I can bring my car in is driving me nuts. The dealers don't give me any information on how I can get this fixed on my own. And all they do is ask me if I received a letter yet. Well its been over half a year and still no letter.

- Alhambra, CA, USA

328

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 BMW 328I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V071000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Boca Raton, FL, USA

Oct 202016

328

Recall 13V044000 electrical system car is still affected by this recall and unsafe for driving. Vehicle has been losing power, stalling, jerking, sensors faulty, recall16V071000 airbags unsafe hazzard my son was driving the vehicle and the lights and sensors started to go, the headlight went out on the highway, he managed to get into the emergency lane and the vehicle completly stalled. He had no light including hazards on a busy highway at night. He could have been killed losing power while driving especially on the interstate. This has happened on more than one occasion and needs to be repaired, or refunded by BMW immediately. My son is 23 years old and should not have to fear for his life whenever he drives his vehicle. BMW claims the recall work was done, but this vehicle is obviously not repaired as far as the electrical system. The vehicle has lost power while I was driving on the city streets. I was stalled at the stop light and had to leave the vehicle on the side of the road abandoned. The vehicle jerks and loses power every time it's driven now.

- Alpharetta, GA, USA

Nov 092016

Takata recall not complete

- Hollywood, FL, USA

328

Takata recall. I live in a high humidity area 5 miles from the gulf of Mexico in North West Florida. Because of the high humidity I feel I am at high risk of a takata airbag rupture. In March of 2016 I received my initial letter from BMW usa informing me of the potential dangerous takata airbag module in my 2009 BMW 328I. I am requesting immediate replacement of the takata airbag module in my car.

- Shalimar, FL, USA

May 022016

328

I contacted my local dealer 4 month ago and they keep telling me that the manufactured has-not sent the parts, every week I check and no response. Patricia hughes-O'brien

- San Mateo, CA, USA

Nov 032016

328

Takata recall BMW local dealer claims parts are not available to replace the takata airbag. My car is one of the older models and I live in the gulf coast area.

- Bellaire, TX, USA

328

Drivers side airbag was recalled in March 2016. Called and emailed repeatedly to see when I could get the airbag fixed, and was continuously told that the parts were not available. It is now October (7 months later) and the airbag has still not been replaced. This is a major safety hazard and completely unacceptable.

- New Orleans, LA, USA

328

Recall on February 5, 2016, BMW has failed to replace the airbag in almost nine months! what good is a possible death recall if the manufacturer does not replace the airbag?

- Dunedin, FL, USA

Oct 102016

328

Spoke to BMW today they are now talking about the parts not coming in until 2017. They have no idea what month so I could still be over a year away from resolving this. I cant even sell the car or trade it in because they cant resale it without correcting the recall. Acura was paying for a loaner car until the recall was corrected I guess BMW feels its owners are more expendable??

- Lakeland, FL, USA

Sep 282016

328

The contact owns a 2009 BMW 328I. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V071000 (air bags). The contact stated that the parts needed for the recall remedy were still not available. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Sep 192016

328

Takata recall: My local dealer still says they do not have the parts to service my car. I was notified last winter that my car was unsafe, and I still do not have the airbag fixed. I checked the recall site and it says interim parts are available but the dealer will not install them! when will this be complete. Am I driving a time bomb?

- Nicasio, CA, USA

328

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 BMW 328I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V071000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Mar 142016

328

The contact owns a 2009 BMW 328I. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 16V071000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Huntington Beach, CA, USA

Sep 012016

328 6-cyl

2009 BMW 328ic. Consumer writes in regards to no follow-up information from dealership on defective driver front airbag module recall notice.

- Seattle, WA, USA

Mar 302016

328

Takata airbags BMW has not sent a second letter since March on the repair of the recall. That is unacceptable considering Honda gave their customers loaner vehicles until they are fixed. I called my local dealersip and they just basically said they cant do anything until I receive the second letter. I have a 3 year old and I fear for our safety daily. This is unacceptable the time frame when such a recall could potentially kill us. That was March. It is almost September.

- Fayetteville, NC, USA

328

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 BMW 328I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V071000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Bethesda, MD, USA

Feb 262016

328 6-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 BMW 328I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V071000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 09/27/16 the consumer stated the recall was completed. Updated 09/28/16.

- Butler, PA, USA