2009 BMW 328 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 BMW 328:

2009 BMW 328 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

328

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 BMW 328I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V071000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Boca Raton, FL, USA

Oct 202016

328

Recall 13V044000 electrical system car is still affected by this recall and unsafe for driving. Vehicle has been losing power, stalling, jerking, sensors faulty, recall16V071000 airbags unsafe hazzard my son was driving the vehicle and the lights and sensors started to go, the headlight went out on the highway, he managed to get into the emergency lane and the vehicle completly stalled. He had no light including hazards on a busy highway at night. He could have been killed losing power while driving especially on the interstate. This has happened on more than one occasion and needs to be repaired, or refunded by BMW immediately. My son is 23 years old and should not have to fear for his life whenever he drives his vehicle. BMW claims the recall work was done, but this vehicle is obviously not repaired as far as the electrical system. The vehicle has lost power while I was driving on the city streets. I was stalled at the stop light and had to leave the vehicle on the side of the road abandoned. The vehicle jerks and loses power every time it's driven now.

- Alpharetta, GA, USA

Nov 092016

Takata recall not complete

- Hollywood, FL, USA

328

Takata recall. I live in a high humidity area 5 miles from the gulf of Mexico in North West Florida. Because of the high humidity I feel I am at high risk of a takata airbag rupture. In March of 2016 I received my initial letter from BMW usa informing me of the potential dangerous takata airbag module in my 2009 BMW 328I. I am requesting immediate replacement of the takata airbag module in my car.

- Shalimar, FL, USA

May 022016

328

I contacted my local dealer 4 month ago and they keep telling me that the manufactured has-not sent the parts, every week I check and no response. Patricia hughes-O'brien

- San Mateo, CA, USA

Nov 032016

328

Takata recall BMW local dealer claims parts are not available to replace the takata airbag. My car is one of the older models and I live in the gulf coast area.

- Bellaire, TX, USA

328

Drivers side airbag was recalled in March 2016. Called and emailed repeatedly to see when I could get the airbag fixed, and was continuously told that the parts were not available. It is now October (7 months later) and the airbag has still not been replaced. This is a major safety hazard and completely unacceptable.

- New Orleans, LA, USA

328

Recall on February 5, 2016, BMW has failed to replace the airbag in almost nine months! what good is a possible death recall if the manufacturer does not replace the airbag?

- Dunedin, FL, USA

Oct 102016

328

Spoke to BMW today they are now talking about the parts not coming in until 2017. They have no idea what month so I could still be over a year away from resolving this. I cant even sell the car or trade it in because they cant resale it without correcting the recall. Acura was paying for a loaner car until the recall was corrected I guess BMW feels its owners are more expendable??

- Lakeland, FL, USA

Sep 282016

328

The contact owns a 2009 BMW 328I. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V071000 (air bags). The contact stated that the parts needed for the recall remedy were still not available. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Sep 192016

328

Takata recall: My local dealer still says they do not have the parts to service my car. I was notified last winter that my car was unsafe, and I still do not have the airbag fixed. I checked the recall site and it says interim parts are available but the dealer will not install them! when will this be complete. Am I driving a time bomb?

- Nicasio, CA, USA

328

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 BMW 328I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V071000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Mar 142016

328

The contact owns a 2009 BMW 328I. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 16V071000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Huntington Beach, CA, USA

Sep 012016

328 6-cyl

2009 BMW 328ic. Consumer writes in regards to no follow-up information from dealership on defective driver front airbag module recall notice.

- Seattle, WA, USA

Mar 302016

328

Takata airbags BMW has not sent a second letter since March on the repair of the recall. That is unacceptable considering Honda gave their customers loaner vehicles until they are fixed. I called my local dealersip and they just basically said they cant do anything until I receive the second letter. I have a 3 year old and I fear for our safety daily. This is unacceptable the time frame when such a recall could potentially kill us. That was March. It is almost September.

- Fayetteville, NC, USA

328

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 BMW 328I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V071000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Bethesda, MD, USA

Feb 262016

328 6-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 BMW 328I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V071000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 09/27/16 the consumer stated the recall was completed. Updated 09/28/16.

- Butler, PA, USA

Feb 082016

328

The contact owns a 2009 BMW 328I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V071000 (air bags); however, the part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Cantonment, FL, USA

May 242016

328

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 BMW 328I. The contact stated that while in park and attempting to start the vehicle, the front air bag warning light illuminated. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The VIN was included in NHTSA campaign number: 16V071000 (air bags) however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 85,000. VIN tool confirms parts unavailable. Updated 08/22/16

- West Palm Beach, FL, USA

Mar 072016

328

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 BMW 328I. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 16V071000 (air bags); however, the parts for the recall were not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA