2011 BMW 328 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 BMW 328:

2011 BMW 328 Owner Comments

Aug 102016

Fourth wheel speed sensor was replaced today. The car has about 27,000 miles. The first sensor failed when the car was about 2 1/2 years old. The fact that all four wheel speed sensor have failed suggests to me a design or manufacturing flaw. It is a safety issue in that the ABS, stability control, and cruise control are disabled when this happens.

- Charleston, SC, USA

Mar 232016

Driving in the town of blacksburg va. A two lane with bus access lane didn't quit move over enough and my passenger tires scrubbed the curb that set off both front air bags, broke front and moon roof glass blew drivers sun visor to the back window, broke both drink holders in the passangers front dash.

- Indian Valley, VA, USA

Dec 032014

328 6-cyl

Driving on 35E going South to exit 94 East on the far left lane and I hit a large pothole that popped the front passenger tire. There was a truck with a flat tire on the far left lane during this time due to same pothole.

- Woodbury, MN, USA

Jun 172012

328 6-cyl

Accident happened in los angeles. I was heading East on 3rd street ( main road) 2 lanes, I was on the right lane. Opposite side also has 2 lanes going West. Westmoreland is an intersection on 3rd street and has the stop sign. The vechile crossed 3 lanes of traffic and hit my car on the drive side rear wheel and quarter panel. At the time of impact, the momentum had me going almost sideways onto oncoming traffic. And my biggest concern was, the 2 passenger side doors flung open. Everyone had their seatbelts on. My wif'E's shoulder bag which was tucked on the floor on the front passenger ended up in the middle of the road on 3rd westmoreland. The car was disable and can't be driven because the rear wheel was bent. I have reported it to my insurance company and told the BMW authorized repair shop. I am not sure if the doors where designed to open during a collision but inquiries to BMW customer relations and dealership has gotten nowhere. I am concerned that when the car is fixed, I maybe driving a car that has a safety defect.

- Gilbert, AZ, USA