2012 BMW 328 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 BMW 328:

2012 BMW 328 Owner Comments

Feb 042016

The contact owns a 2012 BMW 328I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V071000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Spring, TX, USA

Jan 282016

I bought my car at around 50K miles, after manufacturer' warranty had expired. It was fine for about a month after my purchase. One day, after driving from the store, my car indicated I needed to fasten my seatbelt. I was fastened in. So I stopped and restarted the car, thinking it was some weird electrical problem. I restarted the car and the same thing happened. I got home and the next time I got into my car to drive it, the display now shows" driver restraint system malfunction: Continue wearing safety belt. Consult nearest service center." I took the car to the dealership. The warranty I purchased does not cover seatbelts or airbag sensors. The dealer gave me a cost of replacement: $820.52! I have read that others have had this issue. Yet, there is no recall. Why would it be okay for seatbelts and airbag sensors to stop working just after 50K miles?

- Portland, OR, USA

Jun 282013

Went to start car and got a drive train malfunction message. Had it towed to a BMW dealer to diagnose the problem. They will replace the intake vanos solenoid sensor.

- Lemoore , CA, USA

Jun 222013

328 4-cyl

The I drive completely failed leaving the screen black at this time I had no audio, no hands free telephone no way to change any settings on the vehicle. Went to BMW dealership and was told it was an overtemp code and that BMW was aware that there were problems and engineers were working on it but at the time there is nothing they can do to correct the problem this car only has 12,300 miles on it and still under warranty. There were 3 other cars there with the same problem. All cars had low mileage. I feel this is a very dangerous situation that BMW is aware of but chooses to do nothing about it. I am also concerned that this could be a fire hazard.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Apr 012013

328 4-cyl

April 2013, a warning signal on my vehicle notified me there was a need for coolant. I scheduled maintenance for 4/18/13. I informed them of the coolant warning and also inquired about recall notices. On 4/19/13, I called weber BMW myself to check the status, louie informed me there were 3 recall notices on my car that were apparent and needed to be repaired, and that they would need to hold my car until Monday 4/22/13.I picked up my car on 4/23/13 and louie informed me all the recalls were fixed and my car was good to take home. On 4/24/13, the coolant warning signaled again. That evening, my car began to exert even more issues than before! first the coolant warning, then warning telling me to drive moderately, then pull over immediately engine overheating. I pulled the car over, stopped the engine allowing it to cool down, and starting it back up, the car would not go over 17 mph. I contacted weber BMW for another service scheduled for 4/30/13. A representative from weber BMW contacted me on 4/29/13 and informed me louie advised I casually stop by to top off my coolant, Ł and that should resolve my problems. I found this resolution skeptical, lazy, and knew it would not be adequate to resolve the issues with my car. I stopped by weber on 4/29/13 and the service adviser attempted to ┐top off my coolant, when we both noticed the coolant spilling out of the other side of the engine (I emphasize spilling and not leaking). I was advised not to drive the vehicle. Louie called me on 4/30/13 to reported a hole in the part that was replaced per the recall causing the coolant to spill out. He let me know that the car would be ready next day 5/1/13 for pick up. I do not feel safe driving this vehicle any longer. I purchased this car 4/10/12, and it began showing issues of poor manufacturing just shy of a year, I only have 14,000miles on the vehicle.

- Fresno, CA, USA