2013 BMW 328 accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 BMW 328:

2013 BMW 328 Owner Comments

Jun 132014

I was driving on I-84 and heard a loud explosion followed by what sounded like golf ball size hail hitting my car. Luckily, I was able to keep control of the car and pulled over when it was safe to do so. The sunroof of my car had exploded. There were no trucks in the vicinity, I was not going under an overpass, nor any other circumstance that could have caused the damage. I called BMW assist and was told to drive the car to the dealership. At the dealership it was determined that the sunroof exploded outward and that they would do an investigation as to why and fix the sunroof. This was not done willingly. I was also told that they knew of no other sunroof that this happened too. When I came home and did some research on line I discovered that is a fairly common problem. I will never feel comfortable driving this car again. I am thankful that my grandchildren were not in the car with me and that I did not panic and was able to get the vehicle off the road safely.

- Beacon, NY, USA