2013 BMW 328 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 BMW 328:

2013 BMW 328 Owner Comments

Dec 012015

328

On December 1st I was rearended at interstate speed (65 miles per hour) just prior to impact I had turned my steering wheel to the right to lessen the impact to the vehicle in front of me. However it is clear from the damage to my vehicle that my car made contact on the driver side corner with the bridge as well as the entire passenger side of the vehicle made significant contact with the car in front of me. My car had been at a complete stop. No airbags went off causing me to suffer serious head injuries and scull fractures. In addition, upon impact, my car burst into flames. I was pulled unconscious from my burning car by bystanders with only moments to spare

- St. Albans, VT, USA

Jun 132014

328

I was driving on I-84 and heard a loud explosion followed by what sounded like golf ball size hail hitting my car. Luckily, I was able to keep control of the car and pulled over when it was safe to do so. The sunroof of my car had exploded. There were no trucks in the vicinity, I was not going under an overpass, nor any other circumstance that could have caused the damage. I called BMW assist and was told to drive the car to the dealership. At the dealership it was determined that the sunroof exploded outward and that they would do an investigation as to why and fix the sunroof. This was not done willingly. I was also told that they knew of no other sunroof that this happened too. When I came home and did some research on line I discovered that is a fairly common problem. I will never feel comfortable driving this car again. I am thankful that my grandchildren were not in the car with me and that I did not panic and was able to get the vehicle off the road safely.

- Beacon, NY, USA

May 142013

328 4-cyl

I was rearended, on the freeway, on the passenger side, by an SUV going about 40mph, I slammed in to another SUV in front of me. My vehicle is totaled. The display indicated that there was an airbag deploy error. Also, the reason my car was totaled was because all of the electrical wires for the computer system are behind the rear tail light, and they were melted after impact. This is concerning because this is also where the fuel tank is. Luckily, I walked away with a sore neck and few bruises, but it is concerning that the airbags did not deploy, when they were clearly suppose to. I had the car for less than 2 months prior to the accident, and bought it brand new.

- Martinez, CA, USA