9.5

2013 BMW 328 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 BMW 328:

2013 BMW 328 Owner Comments

Jul 032013

328 4-cyl

Roughly two months after taking possession of my new BMW 328I, I was driving on the freeway when my car suddenly and without warning lost all braking ability. The brake pedal was hard as a rock. Fortunately, I avoided an accident by coasting off of the freeway and into a hotel parking lot. My car was taken by tow truck to a service department at BMW, where it remains to this day. My service advisor initially informed me that only the vacuum pump needed to be replaced. A week later, however, I am told that the intake camshaft must also be replaced because it is badly damaged.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA