2013 BMW 328 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 BMW 328:

2013 BMW 328 Owner Comments

Jan 012016

328

My car doors intermittently won't open, potentially trapping me in my under-warranty car. This happens about once a week across any of the four doors and has been happening for about 12 months. I have taken the car to BMW multiple times under warranty without repair. Others have reported the same problem in their bmws. Bottom line: BMW refuses to repair under warranty any intermittent car issue, even if it's a safety issue. This is even in light of video evidence demonstrating the problem, unless they can make it happen in their shop. Here's a link to my video: Https://www.youtube.com/watch"V=lq9iuvqlo2S about once every week or two, one of our four doors completely fails to open using the door latch, even when pulling the handle repeatedly. During these failures, the only way out of the car is if I press the power lock button. If the car's battery fails or there is an electrical failure during an accident, there would be no escape from the car. There are other reports of this phenomenon online: www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php"T=674994 there were other intermittent issues they also refused to attempt to repair.

- Wilmette, IL, USA

Mar 262016

328

My BMW 328I 2013 has a drivetrain malfunction second time in less than a month. After reading BMW threads on this particular problem it's a fact that this is a common issue for 2013 BMW owners and a recall should be sent out immediately to resolve this issue.

- Cibolo, TX, USA

Dec 012015

328

On December 1st I was rearended at interstate speed (65 miles per hour) just prior to impact I had turned my steering wheel to the right to lessen the impact to the vehicle in front of me. However it is clear from the damage to my vehicle that my car made contact on the driver side corner with the bridge as well as the entire passenger side of the vehicle made significant contact with the car in front of me. My car had been at a complete stop. No airbags went off causing me to suffer serious head injuries and scull fractures. In addition, upon impact, my car burst into flames. I was pulled unconscious from my burning car by bystanders with only moments to spare

- St. Albans, VT, USA

Mar 302015

328

Oil seeping into the turbo system causing moderate to heavy white smoke from exhaust at cold start up only.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Apr 032013

328 4-cyl

The BMW 328 2013 has a tech design flaw which will lead to a possible fatal accident. The screen which shows telephone numbers or radio or navigation directions is placed in such a position that the driver cannot read the script on the secondary and tertiary words when the vehicle is traveling in sunlight we live in Florida and where the sun is bright and if you are driving and want to make a phone call without holding a cell phone you can have an accident since you cannot see the words or icons that are flashed on the screen. The screen washes out the same as an iphone when it is in the sunlight the placement of the screen in the 2013 BMW 328 is a hazard and if not changed to a shaded position on the dash will lead to many unforeseen accidents there should be a recall on this model to have this corrected.

- Bal Harbour, FL, USA