2013 BMW 328 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 BMW 328:

2013 BMW 328 Owner Comments

Aug 132016

My car was subjected to the takata airbag recalled according to the VIN. I tried to contact BMW local irvine dealer office and BMW North America, I was told the "promotional offer" for me to turn the leased car early had expired, and it was a "low risk" thing for me to keep driving the car until my lease ends. There is no parts available for me to even get the airbag replaced and I still have 2 months left on the lease. I'm driving in fear everyday hoping this airbag won't deploy on me during high temperature days.

- Chino Hills, CA, USA

Mar 012016

Takata recall: I received a letter from BMW on March 2016 notifying me of the driver's front air bag module recall, campaign no. 16V-071. BMW did not have any parts available at the time of notification and indicated they would notify me as soon as they are able to perform the recall on my vehicle. I am concerned for my safety and I think waiting for the airbag to be fixed since March is a reasonable amount of time, considering the seriousness of this matter. If there is anything I can do to speed up this process, please let me know.

- Murrells Inlet, SC, USA

Oct 062015

Driver restraint system malfunction keeps coming on since I purchased vehicle and hendrick BMW has tried to repair my car multiple times but issue still continues after multiple parts of seat and wiring has been replaced and air bags removed and reinstalled.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Feb 012016

Takata recall. I have been attempting to work with BMW corporate and the local dealership in ridgefield ct where I leased the vehicle for the past 3 months and I have yet to successfully resolve the situation. I have 4 months left on my lease and I want BMW to take the vehicle back early as it is unsafe to drive. I survived a train crash in NY just over a year ago where 5 people were killed in the front car I was seated in and I'm not going to risk getting killed by a faulty airbag.

- Sherman, CT, USA

Mar 242016

Trae in value $5000 less due to recall air bag

- St James, NY, USA

Dec 012015

On December 1st I was rearended at interstate speed (65 miles per hour) just prior to impact I had turned my steering wheel to the right to lessen the impact to the vehicle in front of me. However it is clear from the damage to my vehicle that my car made contact on the driver side corner with the bridge as well as the entire passenger side of the vehicle made significant contact with the car in front of me. My car had been at a complete stop. No airbags went off causing me to suffer serious head injuries and scull fractures. In addition, upon impact, my car burst into flames. I was pulled unconscious from my burning car by bystanders with only moments to spare

- St. Albans, VT, USA

Dec 012013

328 4-cyl

The contact owned a 2013 BMW 328I. While driving 63 mph, the brake pedal was depressed and the vehicle failed to respond. In addition, no warning lights illuminated. As a result, the contact crashed into another vehicle and the air bags exploded, ejecting metal fragments. The contact sustained leg, ribs, and sternum injuries. The passenger sustained bruises, a punctured intestine, neck, and rib injuries. Both the driver and passenger required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 8,500...updated 12/29/14

- Boca Raton, FL, USA

Nov 082013

328 4-cyl

2013 BMW 328I X-drive, driving @ 40 mph the drivetrain malfunction light came on, car went into reduced power mode (no higher than 20 mph) making a very dangerous situation in traffic. Luckily I could pull over to a safe area. I called BMW roadside assistance. When tow truck arrived, no warning light! dealer could not replicate error, but now have a air bag warning coming on intermittently... back to dealer I guess. This is a common, potentially dangerous and frustrating issue for 328 owners.

- Sumter, SC, USA

May 142013

328 4-cyl

I was rearended, on the freeway, on the passenger side, by an SUV going about 40mph, I slammed in to another SUV in front of me. My vehicle is totaled. The display indicated that there was an airbag deploy error. Also, the reason my car was totaled was because all of the electrical wires for the computer system are behind the rear tail light, and they were melted after impact. This is concerning because this is also where the fuel tank is. Luckily, I walked away with a sore neck and few bruises, but it is concerning that the airbags did not deploy, when they were clearly suppose to. I had the car for less than 2 months prior to the accident, and bought it brand new.

- Martinez, CA, USA