2014 BMW 328 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 BMW 328:

2014 BMW 328 Owner Comments

Dec 062016

328

Unsafe headlights not able to see at highway speeds and inpossible to change headlight bulbs and highbeam bulbs without special tools and or danmade to hands. Non technical personal impossible to change or get changed. Light out put is danger this vehicle is unsafe to drive at night

- Smyrna, GA, USA

Oct 302015

328

My 2014 BMW 328I was rear-ended on a freeway ramp during rush hour (around 5pm Oct. 30, 2015). The traffic was stop and go. My car was still when the car behind hit. The impact to my rear bumper caused the seat belt to lock down. The seat belt held me very tight (almost strangled) me and would not eject nor release. After more than 5 mins, I was able to pulled it out while holding the eject button. On top of the seat belt lock-down, my car would not re-start. The system gave a "chassis stability" warning and would not respond to shifting gear or any operations. I could not move the car out of traffic to the shoulder. The car eventually was towed off the freeway ramp. Fortunately, all vehicles were moving slow due to the rush hour. Otherwise, either of the situation (locked down seat belt or the stalled vehicle with a bumper impact) would have killed me on the free way.

- San Diego, CA, USA

May 032015

328 4-cyl Diesel

Vehicle stalled in driveway of gas station, just before I was about to turn onto street. Engine would crank when start button was pressed, but car wouldn't start.

- West Stockbridge, MA, USA

Oct 262014

328

On October 26, 2014 at approx. 5:00 pm est, my wife had pulled our car, listed above, into our neighbor's driveway after a small trip. As soon as she parked the car, she noticed smoke coming from under the hood of the BMW. Within a few minutes, the car was engulfed in flames. The fire started under the hood and completely engulfed the front end, melted the engine compartment and destroyed our car and neighbors garage siding and driveway. This was a brand new BMW purchased in August 2014.

- Jenison, MI, USA

Jul 302014

328

Just after getting on the highway, I got an warning message that read - "chassis: Drive moderately. Consult service center." This is the 3rd time I got this warning. It has been at the dealer for service the past 2 times. I have not been able to get a good answer from the dealer as to what problems this might cause. I do notice the suspension doesn't work as well when it throws this error.

- Rocklin, CA, USA