2014 BMW 328 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 BMW 328:

2014 BMW 328 Owner Comments

Jun 192016

328

Car went completely dead on a 6 lane highway. After almost 3 hours of waiting for BMW tow service the police had the car towed. What happened prior to the tow was a car crashed into the back of the police car that was behind us. After 4 days in the shop we were told the cars "main computer had a "catastrophic" failure and needed to be replaced. I have called and written BMW corporate as my wife is scared to drive the car and I was hoping they would discuss some kind of replacement or buy back. The car was totally without any power including the emergency flashers! there appears to me to be a major safety flaw in the cars design and want you to review what happened before another serious breakdown occurs.

- Washington, DC, USA

Feb 062016

328

Saturday Feb. 06, 2016 approx. 7/8 pm after stopping at a light we experienced a feeling of the car not wanting to go. After passing the light the car began to slow down then stop. We tried starting but it wouldn't. I called BMW assist by pressing the overhead button. They called a tow truck. We were picked up by family in an area surrounded by snow and no houses in sight. I left everything in the car expecting to get it back within a couple of days. Today is Feb. 29. they changed several parts and still can't get the car to run.

- Syosset, NY, USA

Dec 022015

328

I was driving down the freeway with my son in the back seat when all of a sudden I heard a really loud explosion. I had no idea what had happened, it almost sounded like a loud gunshot. I heard particles falling on my car, but I did not know what they were. I got off of the freeway just to make sure that it wasn't my car. Sure enough, when I got out, I saw a basketball size hole in my moon roof. I knew that nothing had hit the moon roof because I had not gone under an overpass nor I had I seen anything coming at me that would have caused this damage. I went home and checked on the internet and saw damage to another BMW that looked almost identical to mine. The driver of that vehicle explained the same experience that I did, that he had heard a loud boom or pop and there appeared a huge hole in his moonroof. This exploding moonroof phenomena is not just a BMW problem apparently. I saw vehicles of all types that have experienced this. My son and I were lucky. All we experience was a huge scare and some falling glass, but have there been more traffic on that freeway, we might not have made it. This is obviously a problem with the auto glass that is being installed in these vehicles and is a huge road hazard. The vehicle manufacturers have known about this for quite some time, and nothing has been done about it. Unfortunately, lives may be lost as a result. Something definitely needs to be done.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Jun 062014

328

Was driving at 45 mph when sun roof glass broke with out any thing hitting it glass cut me on my right hand arm glass went every place in my face

- Emmett, ID, USA