2015 BMW 328 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 BMW 328:

2015 BMW 328 Owner Comments

Feb 272015

On Friday, February 27th, 2015, my wife and my two daughters, ages 19 and 21 were traveling back up the garden state parkway. They were driving in my wife's new 2015 BMW 328xi and the car was in "sports mode." My wife who is a very experienced driver, and never had any problems, was driving. At about 4:30 pm, after exiting the parkway they got to a nearby intersection and planned on turning left to go to the local market. However, when they approached the intersection, my wife was not able to stop her car. She pressed on the breaks but they were not responding properly and the car started jerking back and forth and skidding towards the center of the intersection, where other cars were driving by at high speeds. My wife continued to press as hard as she can on the break but the car did not come to a full stop until it was in the center of the intersection. Luckily, no car was coming by at the exact moment of the incident, but if there had been another car, the break failure, in the context of the defective sport mode, probably would have caused an accident. They also pulled on the parking brake, attempted to switch to park and to turn the engine off in order to stop. Finally, totally traumatized and still having post traumatic stress and fear to get back behind the wheel, instead of turning left, my wife and daughters decided to turn right and very very slowly drive home 2 blocks away, totally traumatized by what had just happened.

- Fair Lawn, NJ, USA

Apr 132015

This is a loaner dealer car with an automatic transmission. I was exiting a state highway, turning right onto the exit ramp to slow at a traffic signal, and applied the brake pedal with my right foot. I slowed from 45 mph to about 10 mph, with my right foot on the brake pedal. The engine revved and raced up to about 6500 RPM as I held my right foot on the brake pedal. With much braking force, I did get the car to slow and stop. I then pressed the park button and hit the stop button to kill the engine. After a few moments, I then re-started the car and pulled over to the curb. I did return the loaner car to the dealership. To be absolutely clear, I have been driving for 30+ yrs, and I was not racing, speeding, drunk, nor driving with both feet. Something made the engine race very high, and I was lucky not to plow into the cars in front of me. I hope this can be investigated and resolved so no one gets hurt. Thank you

- Lakeville, MA, USA

Nov 072014

328 4-cyl

This is a brand new vehicle lease BMW 2015 328xi, for my wife - we just picked it up on 10/31/14, the brakes failed to respond!!!!!!! my wife was driving with my daughter and the car would not stop with her firmly pressing on the brakes approaching a busy intersection!!!! she finally got it to stop after shifting it into park. Extremely dangerous!!! they should replace this new vehicle for us immediately with another one of equal or higher value that we can hopefully trust assembled properly in germany. This BMW dealer never told us he was getting us one from South africa. Now, BMW of can't figure out what the problem is!! the vehicle must have reliable brakes. All the dealer has to say so far is he can't find the problem and is calling the main office to have someone take a look. We don't want to become a statistic because they are too incompetent to find the problem. Please recall it and protect us so we can get another car!!!! I expect BMW and the NHTSA to address this urgent very serious matter immediately. Thank you. It will not be acceptable for them to return this death trap vehicle to us after some guy at the dealership or visiting the dealer from the main office says he can't find anything in such a highly complex vehicle. If the issue is not completely found and remedied the vehicle will have to be replaced. We only had it for a week and only got to drive it in the area a few times until this. It's been back at BMW dealer since Saturday 11/8/14. They picked it up on a flatbed truck. The NHTSA should recall it for brake failure!!!!!!!!!!! after looking up BMW brake failure I now see reports from you on the recall of 2012-2014 BMW's for brake failure!!!!!! the problem seems to be continuing in 2015 and they are not admitting it!!!!

- Fair Lawn, NJ, USA