2015 BMW 328 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 BMW 328:

2015 BMW 328 Owner Comments

Jul 262015

Just as I was driving off the exit ramp from the interstate highway, I lost all power, including steering wheel, brakes and throttle. Fortunately the car slowed to a stop before it entered the road, although the sheriff's deputy who soon showed up was concerned that the car was in a dangerous location. After the car stopped, I discovered that there was no power to any part of the car, including hazard lights, windows or door locks, or even the latch to open the hood. After the car was towed to the BMW dealership, I was told that the part that failed was called the fem, front electronic module. I am reporting this problem because it is potentially very dangerous. If it had happened while still on the highway, or even worse, at night, it could have been disasterous. I am concerned that there is no failsafe for the failure of a part like this, and that bad quality control on an electronic part can so easily cause a serious accident.

- Los Altos, CA, USA

Apr 212015

328 4-cyl

Second episode with this 2015 BMW 328xi after the brakes failed in the first reported episode with sport mode. On Tuesday April 21 in the afternoon my wife was driving on winters ave. In paramus NJ in eco mode, having decided to never touch the defective sport mode button again. She was driving normally, then out of the blue while pressing on the gas pedal, the car suddenly doesn't want to go and cars behind started beeping and then the car starts swerving and lights up the orange symbol of swerving on dashboard. She went into a parking lot while still swerving and called me. She parked and tried to shut car off to let it reset. She restarted it and it continued to have the same problem in the parking lot. So we called aaa who towed the car home and we called BMW dealer. Next am Wednesday April 22 BMW dealer sent tow and took my wife and the car to the dealership garage. The car has been there for a month and is still there. They need to cancel and let us out of the lease of this vehicle and refund our down payment.

- Fair Lawn, NJ, USA