2.0

2001 BMW 330 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 BMW 330:

2001 BMW 330 Owner Comments

Dec 122015

330

Yesterday, 12/12/15, my reverse stopped working while at the gas station. It only revved when I attempted to use the reverse gear to move closer to a pump. I'm retired and need this car for my only source of getting around. And yesterday was my 73rd birthday. Recent cost to fix the car to pass smog tests cost: $2900 and 7 months without the car.

- Orange, CA, USA

Jan 182012

330 6-cyl

Upon exiting the freeway a horrible, continuous metallic scraping noise began. I had heard this periodically on my drive, but until now it was not continuous. Looking under the car, I could see the metal gas tank strap hanging and resting on the ground. It was the passenger side front that failed, so the strap was pointing forward. I assume it was only periodically at first because it took some time for my actual gas tank to slip down forcing the strap against the asphalt. Knowing that a metal strap was scraping and possibly sparking against the asphalt next to my sagging gas tank, the car had to be towed to the nearest mechanic.

- Long Beach, CA, USA

Jul 012009

330

Windows will not function, neither up nor down. The regulators plastic fails prematurely due to fatigue. This occurs on most 3series and 5series.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Jun 102006

330 6-cyl

Separation and delamination of interior cloth on interior header and interior support pillars cloth in rear was obstructing rear view do to dropping down. Cost of replacement $1499.27.

- Weston, FL, USA

Jun 012001

330 6-cyl

Since the purchase of my car in May 2001, the gas pedal seems to have a problem when shifting from first gear to second gear. All of a sudden the engine races on its own and the car lunges forward. Several visits to the dealer and road tests have come up with nothing. The dealers have been unable to pinpoint the problem. I still have the car which I drive very cautiously.

- Mattapan, MA, USA

Dec 102001

330

While driving engine check light would appear and remain on. Vehicle would then pull from left to right. Had vehicle towed to dealership. Mechanic indicated could not locate cause of problem.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA