1.6

2001 BMW 330 transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 BMW 330:

2001 BMW 330 Owner Comments

Apr 082008

330 6-cyl

I just bought my 2001 330I BMW two months ago with 103,000 miles on it. The check engine light came on and the dealer says I need a new torque converter. They want $2000 to put a new one in. I then looked around here and saw that this is a common problem. Also I had to change two of the window regulators. - another common problem with BMW. Is BMW doing anything about this" why does BMW make the public pay for the problems they made"

- Columbia, KY, USA

Aug 122007

330 6-cyl

Design flaw in transmission, specifically the torque converter, on 2000-2002 E46. Requiring rebuilding and or replacing torque converter. BMW is aware of problems and is widespread.

- San Diego, CA, USA