2002 BMW 330 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 BMW 330:

2002 BMW 330 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

May 272015

330

Takata recall I received a notice that my driver's side airbag was to be replaced under the takata recall in June 2015. I have made over a dozen requests with my local BMW dealer to have the recall performed but each time I have been told there are no airbags available. My complaint is that I drive my car every day with what is a known defective (and possibly deadly) safety device and while I know the replacement airbags are being produced I am not able to have one allocated for my vehicle. This is not an acceptable situation!

- Beverly Hills, MI, USA

Sep 152016

330

Takata recall, I have a 6 month old baby, I just got this car and the airbag light was on at idle and won't go away. I know the first and only owner. I know that it's been on for a while now. I am extremely concerned for the safety of my son. This must be adressed..

- Clifton Heights, PA, USA

Jul 152015

330

Takata recall. It has been 14 months since the initial notification of the recall. No communication from BMW. Only response to questions is it is pending soon. Is there justification for length of time to resolve repair to a "dangerous problem"?

- Long Lake, MN, USA

Sep 022016

330

Takato recall - I received recall notice in July 2015 and even with repeated calls to BMW dealer, no repair has been done. I refrain from driving the car and have less than 400 miles in the last year, but still have to pay for insurance, inspection, license. I have been postponing repairs, but I don't want to spend more money on a car that I shouldn't drive.

- Breinigsville, PA, USA

May 212015

330

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2002 BMW 330ci. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Aug 282016

330

Takata recall - I have called all the BMW centers in my local area and none have been able to replace the drivers side airbag. They have no clue when and act as if it is not a real safety issue.

- Newport Beach, CA, USA

May 272015

330

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2002 BMW 330I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags) and stated that the part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair. The contact called two dealers and they did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the contact's vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Richmond, TX, USA

May 042015

330

It's been 15 months since being notified about the recall and I still have not been notified that the part is available for the repair. I'm concerned because my car is one of the oldest in the recall date range and it is the driver air bag, which is the one position always occupied in the vehicle and by me. There is already 140,000 miles on this vehicle and it's my daily driver so I believe it is at risk. Humidity is high in the Kansas City area where this car has been for it's life. I'm concerned that the air bag in the car has not even been disconnected to prevent it from going off given I always wear a seat belt until such time as a repair can be made.

- Olathe, KS, USA

May 282016

330

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2002 BMW 330ci. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Lewisville, NC, USA

May 292015

330

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2002 BMW 330I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Aug 112016

330

Received initial contact from BMW in September 2014. "remedy not yet available". campaign 14V 428 and 15V 318. When will these recalls be resolved?

- Pittsford, NY, USA

Jul 012015

330

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2002 BMW 330ci. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Budd Lake, NJ, USA

Aug 012016

330

Takata recall. My 14 year-old BMW's driver's side airbag has still not been replaced (recalled 05/27/2015)

- Huntersville, NC, USA

Jul 272016

330

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2002 BMW 330xi. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Burlington, MA, USA

Jul 012014

330

It has been two years since my cars as first placed on recall due to faulty airbags, first for the passenger side and since last July the driver side. I am filing this complaint based on this being an unreasonable period of time. I live in North Carolina and the takata air bags are more apt to be dangerous in this warm and humid climate.

- Macon, NC, USA

Jul 192016

330

The contact owns a 2002 BMW 330I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V428000 (air bags) and 15V318000 (air bags); however, the parts for the recall repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Claymont, DE, USA

Jul 182014

330

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2002 BMW 330ci. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V428000 (air bags) and 15V318000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Los Alamitos, CA, USA

May 242015

330

Date complaint filed: 03/22/2016date of incident: 05/04/2015component(s): Air bagsnhtsa id number: 10850988consumer location: Chappaqua, NY all products associated with this complaint expand details close help 0 available documents crash:no fire:no number of injuries:0 number of deaths:0 manufacturer: BMW of North America, llc vehicle identification no. (VIN): Not available summary: Takata recall- I assume that you are enabling takata to be off the hook from their responsibiliity to replace defective airbags because it costs them time and money to manufacture replacements around the clock. The federal government would rather watch deaths for taking money from takata as per obama's orders.I was notified a long time ago that the airbag in my 2002 BMW 330xi was dangerously defective. I have called BMW and have yet to receive an appointment to replace the defective deadly airbag. The car needs to be driven over 2 hours per day to commute to work and back. If anything happens as a negligent result for not replacing the airbag, I will commence legal action and my negligence attorney will rub his hands for you buying him a bigger home, with the airbag manufacturer, BMW, and the federal government for not enforcing the airbag recall. John nadler

- Chappaqua, NY, USA

Apr 072016

330

"takata recall"-we are the second owners of a BMW 325I series, 2002 and have not received any information about a defective takata airbag recall.

- Chestertown, MD, USA

Nov 052015

330

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2002 BMW 330I. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- South Barrington, IL, USA