2003 BMW 330 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 BMW 330:

2003 BMW 330 Owner Comments

Oct 032008

2003 BMW 325xi sudden acceleration. Car accelerates suddenly when brakes applied to park or approaching light or stop sign. No accidents, but it is so dangerous that it is an accident waiting to happen. Engine raves to 4000 - 6000rpm, very hard to hold the brakes. So far I have only gotten a moving violation ticket for not stopping at the stop sign, while returning from the third BMW service inspection and being told that the car is in perfect condition. BMW can not observe the problem and therefore does not want to fix it. I was told that they never heard of this kind of problem and perhaps I am hitting the wrong pedal. I have witnesses that were in a car with me that this is not the case. It also happened while my husband drove the car. By researching it on my own I found that there was a recall for 325I and 325ci series of the same year that is mine. Because my car is 325xi service would not even try to apply the recommended remedy. The service is trying, but I was told that it's against the BMW policy to proceed without experiencing the actual problem talked to BMW customer service four times, very polite, but no action so far.

- Airmont, NY, USA

Mar 202004

330 6-cyl

Engine stalls/ rough idle when rpms are low. Fix not available.

- Schaumburg, IL, USA