2004 BMW 330 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 BMW 330:

2004 BMW 330 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 4)

Jan 102017

330

1-10-2017 approx. 5:15pm. Driving home on I-80 freeway, rainy weather, 5pm traffic, so I was driving less than 55mph, there is some rough road but not really any potholes. I drove over the bad road and the driver curtain and door airbags deployed there was never any impact but the road did shake the car. There is no damage to the car that from the road. I drive the same route home in our other car daily and it never sets the air bag off or anyone else driving that extremely busy freeway.

- Carmichael, CA, USA

Jul 152014

Takata recall NHTSA recall number:15V318 NHTSA recall number: 14V428

- Kelseyville, CA, USA

330

Takata recall I received a letter dated July 2015 concerning the recall of the driver's side air bag. I called my local BMW on 11/24/15 and they said they put my name on the list and would call me when the replacement came in. I called again on 4/14/16 and clara said she would check to make sure my name is on the list and would call me back when the parts arrived. It's been a year and a half and I have not received a call back. This is so concerning to me as this car is my main mode of transportation and I am so afraid I will have a front end collision resulting in death or dismemberment. If that should happen I or my estate will most certainly sue.

- Roswell, GA, USA

Oct 132016

330

Takata recall I received a air bag recall notice from BMW in June 2015 and another recall notice in September 2016.over a year + I have been calling South bay BMW in torrance ca. And they keep on telling me they do not have the parts yet. Can you please help me..

- Hermosa Beach, CA, USA

Aug 012016

330

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2004 BMW 330I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags); however, the contact could not get the recall remedied due to lack of communication from the dealer. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA

Sep 292016

330

Takata recall. This complaint is due to the slow response of nalley BMW in Decatur Georgia to replace my airbag. I received my recall letter and immediately called the BMW dealer on Sept 7th. I was told that parts were ordered and I would be called when they arrived. By Sept 16th I had heard nothing and called again. Nalley said they had no record of my having ordered parts. I was transferred to the parts department where no one answered the phone. So I called BMW national customer relations. They said they would contact the dealer and have them get in touch with me directly. Nothing happened, so today visited the dealer personally to get the parts ordered. I was told it would take an additional two weeks to receive parts. This is unacceptible. My recall letter from BMW clearly states "we have the necessary parts to complete this recall, " "please contact your authorized BMW center immediately to schedule an appointment to have this important free recall performed as soon as possible, " and "...metal fragments striking the driver or other passengers potentially resulting in serious injury or death." BMW has built cars with shrapnel grenades instead of airbags and now they don't care about fixing it. BMW should not E allowed to sell another vehicle in the us until they have completed all of these critical recalls.

- Decatur, GA, USA

Aug 312016

330

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2004 BMW 330ci. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 10/13/16

- Manhattan Beach, CA, USA

Aug 292016

330

Takata recall-I've been going round and round with BMW usa and hendrick motors in charlotte, nc since Dec. 2015 trying to get info on when they are going to fix my death trap. I just learned today on this site that my car is priority 1 in high humidity area which charlotte certainly is. Plus the air bag lights have been on since Dec and reported to them and this is the low profile sport model car that is a bumpy ride. I was told in Jan by BMW that an interim bag was sent to NJ specifically for my car, but hendrick clams they no nothing about it., they have my info and every time I call to see when they will have parts for the recall I get the same insppid blow off, we don't know anything but we'll call you as soon as we do.I just received a letter from BMW saying the parts are ready to call and make appt to replace and hendrick says they don't have yet they are on order should be 2 weeks but they cannot confirm the date, no one knows or has any info what so ever so don't bother us any more. I guarantee that priority had been given to any car that was on their lot for resale!

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Aug 292015

330

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2004 BMW 330ci. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Duluth, GA, USA

Aug 242016

330

Takata recall repair parts still not available...original notification date July 2015. I have not been involved in an accident...merely want the recall program implemented on my vehicle.

- Weaverville, NC, USA

May 272015

330

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2004 BMW 330xi. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Scottsville, NY, USA

Aug 042014

330

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2004 BMW 330ci. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V428000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was not available. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Virgina Beach, VA, USA

330

I have been waiting for nearly one year for the recalled driver's airbag to be replaced. The dealership states that parts are not available. The news has reported that 70% of other manufacturer's vehicles with the same recall have been repaired. How much longer am I required to wait?

- Hot Springs Village, AR, USA

Jun 052015

330 6-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2004 BMW 330I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.... updated 08/23/16 updated 09/08/16.

- Sugar Land, TX, USA

Jul 202016

330

The contact owns a 2004 BMW 330ci. While making a left turn at a traffic light, the contact's vehicle was involved in a crash with an oncoming vehicle. The contact stated that the air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed. The vehicle was towed to an independent facility. The contact sustained injuries to the upper body that did not require medical attention. The vehicle was included in NHTSA campaign numbers: 15V318000 (air bags) and 14V428000 (air bags). The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 147,000.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

330

Takata recall - notified July 2015 - a year ago - about driver's side airbag, still no parts available and I live in one of the most humid states in the South. It is irresponsible and ridiculous that we have to wait over a year for part replacements that if ruptured, could cause serious injury or death. BMW North America website states: Remedy available but global imports atlanta is reporting they still do not have any replacement drivers side airbags.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

330 6-cyl

Takata recall: In July, 2015 I received a letter from BMW (recall notice 15V-318) stating that my driver side air bag should be replaced, but that there was no remedy available and I would be contacted when one is. I've had a couple of service appointments at my local dealership (perillo BMW in Chicago) and each time asked if there was any update on resolution and each time I was either referred to BMW's corporate customer service or politely told that there was no update. I have also called the 1-800-525-7417 BMW service center multiple times over the course of the last year, most recently today (7/1/16), and they have not been able to resolve the issue. At this point, I am frustrated by the lack of resolution and would appreciate any assistance helping me with this recall notice. Thank you.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Sep 212015

330

The contact owns a 2004 BMW 330ci. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Henderson, NV, USA

Nov 182015

330

Airbag deployed when hitting pot hole at around 30mph. This is an issue with many E46's that the airbag is too sensitive.

- Miami, FL, USA

May 172016

330 6-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2004 BMW 330ci. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 07/13/16 updated 07/25/16.

- Tyrone, GA, USA