2005 BMW 330 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 BMW 330:

2005 BMW 330 Owner Comments

Aug 102011

330 6-cyl

In August 2011 I got a warning indicator that there may be a problem with my right taillight. In November 2011 (in for routine service and other work) BMW mechanics at my area dealership informed me that my taillight suffered from the same problems identified in the current recall for 2003-2005 3 series taillights that may cause a fire. BMW told me my VIN "did not appear" to be listed on their recall list and that despite the assessment of their certified mechanics, I would have to file a complaint with NHTSA in order to get you to tell BMW to add my car to the list so that my dealership will fix it. Please do so.

- Leavenworth, KS, USA

Nov 282011

330 6-cyl

Dash mounted warning light indicated tail light issues. Checked the light and all the bulbs were fine but the entire tail light was not working. I then noticed the the brown wire in the connector had melted through the case and was touching other wires in the connector which caused it to short out the entire light. The brown wire has visible signs of melting. I have since found out that this is a common problem with my type BMW and a recall has been issued. Right now my VIN number does not fall under the notice but I have no tail lights.

- Peoria, AZ, USA

Nov 012011

330 6-cyl

Rear taillights intermittently work. Noticed that the rear connectors, specifically the grounding wire was melted. The turn signals will intermittently not turn on.

- East Brunswick, NJ, USA

Nov 102010

330 6-cyl

2005 BMW 320I. Tail light indicator warning came on. Turns out the wire was melted around the metal where the wire plugs into tail light!! very expensive to fix!

- Truro, 00, USA