1.5

2006 BMW 330 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 BMW 330:

2006 BMW 330 Owner Comments

Jun 192016

330

Upon test driving on city street this vehicle with a friend and my brother we realized it had a hard limp to the front passenger tire. After returning it to the lot the salesman informed us it needed a sway bar replace to leave it a couple days and he would have it repaired. After picking it up driving on the city street I realized not only did it have a leak but there was a noise involved this time. I immediately called the car lot and they instructed me that it was only a mud flap rubbing the tire. After taking it to my personal mechanic he told me that my car had been in a severe accident and the entire under carrier was damaged and it was a miracle it was mobile. Quoted price for parts $280 and labor $2100. When taking it to roadshow BMW they stated there wasn't any recalls. Bottom line is parts fell from under the vehicle while driving on the highway exiting this includes the following: Fog light on passenger side, small grill on same side, large bolt (not sure where it goes or where it came from), and another piece of medal. At this point oil began to run out.this car leans to the right now and after owning it for 4.5 months it was mobile for maybe 3 weeks" oh and I almost forgot to mention the tracker stalls the car upon occasions when driving. I've requested for my title via phone twice, via certified letter and fax. I can provide documents upon request. However, I don't own a scanner but will be available to fax if you give me your fax number. I've paid my car balance off without a title"

- Pensacola, FL, USA

Jul 012015

330

I started the car and got a 'personal restraint system failure' message. I've checked message boards for BMW and apparently this is something they issued a recall for a few years back but now it shows 'no recall' when I type in my VIN. According to the message boards, others with the same message were told initially by BMW that this wasn't a recall but when pushed were told it was and it was fixed. I'm wondering about getting something about these recalls from your Agency before going to argue with the BMW dealership?

- Saint Paul, MN, USA

Jul 252014

330

All doors lock up but only the driver side has a manual override. Passengers cannot exit the vehicle in case of crash or fire.

- Chapel Hill, NC, USA

May 122015

330

I was driving from school and push the gas and 15mph the car jerked in transmission light came on. The car went into safe mode. I could not drive over 40 mp. The dealer ship said the transmission mechatronic may have malfunction. Something inside of the transmission the manufacturer build it with a plastic valve cover it's common on BMW the transmission failure. There are over 67,000 complaints on line for the same issue. Where is the recall!. you pay for this expensive car to pay 7000 to fix. I am looking to start a law suit if they don't recall and fix this common expensive problem!

- Miami Gardens, FL, USA

Jan 072013

330 6-cyl

Front two valve cover bolts sheered off causing oil to leak directly on the exhaust.

- Columbus, OH, USA

Feb 082011

330

When there is a power failure in the 2006 BMW 330I, in this case caused by a blown fuse, the doors will not open either by attempting to electronically unlock them or by using the door handles. The only way I was able to exit the car was to roll down the driver's side window and use a manual key on the outside of the car to unlock the door. In the event of a total power failure and the power windows failed as well, it would be impossible to exit the vehicle other than by breaking the windows. This is a very dangerous design flaw. There should always be a way to exit the vehicle without having to rely on the vehicle's electrical system.

- Castaic, CA, USA