2006 BMW 330 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 BMW 330:

2006 BMW 330 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 12)

Jan 062017

330

I got home from an outting with friends and "passenger restraint systems malfunction" appeared on my screen. Did alittle research, my passenger seat airbag will either deploy metal shards or not deploy at all incase of an accident. Or the seatbelt will not properly engage. The dealership says they are "VIN specific" and can only do my driver side. But everybody seems to only have the passenger side problem. They have the sensor in stock that can save a life, but they don't want to do the job just because my "VIN" does not match for the recall in their computers!

- Tulalip, WA, USA

Dec 192016

330

I had both air bags replaced under the takata recall and now I'm getting a "passenger restraint system malfunction" error on my display. There is an open recall NHTSA campaign id number: 08V384000 that is for the same issue and for my model and year but the VIN is not showing that recall. The error happened just when the car was started and it shows whether someone is sitting in the passenger with the seatbelt on or if the seat is empty. I am worried that the airbag won't deploy in the case of an emergency. Please let me know if this would be included in the recall as well for a safety issue. I've called BMW and was told this would not be covered either.

- Charleston, SC, USA

Oct 102016

330

Passenger seat airbag sensor toggles between active and inactive regardless of weight, or presence of an individual on the seat... with a passenger on it, it will also toggle between active/inactive regardless of the weight of the person (even an adult passenger will disable passenger airbag).. seems to be historical evidence of this failure and yet recall is not active. There is no certainty at this moment if airbag will be operational in a crash.

- Boulder, CO, USA

May 042009

330

Passenger air bags and seat belt wont work and BMW wont fix. Electrical:radio, climate control, headlights and windshield washer pump. Window regulators. And the worst:learning from X_employees of BMW say that BMW purposefully miss-torques oil pan, valve cover and oil filter housing so the fail right after 50,000 mile warranty. Every E90 has these problems. And window regulators all except driver side. In motion.

- Metairie, LA, USA

Nov 182016

330

Received notice 11/14/2016 regarding recall # 15V-318 driver's side airbag. Contacted the local dealer 11/18 who said parts were unavailable until year end. BMW's 800 number confirmed there was a shortage of parts in the region. This is at least a 6 week delay based on part availability. Unacceptable

- Croton, NY, USA

Sep 012016

330

Takata recall- my airbag light is on- I have been waiting for almost 1 year for my airbag to be replaced. I keep getting told that there is no remedy available. The dealer name: Ralph schomp BMW 1190 plum valley ln highlands ranch, co 80129 1-888-205-2938

- Lone Tree, CO, USA

Mar 032016

330

"takata recall" BMW taking too long to correct the air bag recall issue. Since March 2016 I've lost the ability use the car due to defective takata airbag inflator and the potential to cause death due to air bag deployment. The car is now in pno status. BMW should be held responsible for any towing fees, to have the car towed to their facilities to correct air bag inflator.

- Mission Hills, CA, USA

Jan 152016

330

I got a letter in the mail about 9 months ago regarding replace the airbags and never heard anything since. The letter mentioned that when ever they get the parts they would contact me. Not sure what the exact date is I got the letter for the recall

- Citrus Heights, CA, USA

Mar 012016

330

BMW North America site indicates that there is a "remedy available" after months of indicating that they were formulating one. I call the dealerships and there is no knowledge of the replacement actuator. I have one of the older vehicles in one of the hot humid zones and therefore should be a priority. I have called 2 dealerships with no success. It has been over 7 months since the recall was announced for my vehicle.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Oct 022015

330

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 BMW 330I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V428000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was not available.

- Prattville, AL, USA

Sep 252016

330

This BMW had a recall, we bought this car from a dealer ship March 2016, seatbelt and air bag light just came on. BMW should check this out at no cost and the recall should not be closed or there should be an exception when you buy a used BMW. It's a hazard if the air bag does not deploy or the seatbelt does not work

- San Diego, CA, USA

Sep 222016

330

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 BMW 330ci. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

May 282016

330

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 BMW 330ci. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Port St. Lucie, FL, USA

Feb 012016

330

Takata recall. I received notice of a recall in Feb. 2016 for driver's seat airbag. To date, neither manufacturer nor dealer has any idea when they will have the parts to remedy the problem. Meantime, this is my sole means of transportation, and I am in danger every day. My understanding is BMW has 60 days to remedy the problem. This is way beyond reasonable at this point.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

May 132016

330

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 330I. The contact stated that the passenger side air bag warning indicator illuminated. The vehicle was taken to be diagnosed and the technician informed that the air bag warning sensor needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and stated that the ten year warranty was expired and that the VIN was not included in the NHTSA campaign number: 13V564000 (air bags). The failure mileage was approximately 120,000.

- West Chester, PA, USA

Mar 012016

330

Takata recall. This is taking way too long to resolve for affected BMW vehicles.

- Miami, FL, USA

Aug 182016

330

Initital recall was issued over 6 months ago and the parts necessary for repair are still not available.

- Oakland, CA, USA

Aug 182016

330

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 BMW 330xi. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 13V564000 and 16V071000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- New Failfield, CT, USA

Nov 202014

330

Airbag light on display on.

- Visalia, CA, USA

Aug 012016

330

Passenger seat mat is experiencing multiple failures which disables air bag deployment in the event of an accident. The exact issue for my year, model, and options automobile has been recalled, yet my 2006 BMW 325I with sport seats VIN was not included in the recal listed below. NHTSA campaign number: 08V384000 I believe that my VIN should be included in the above NHTSA campaign recall number.

- Madison, WI, USA