1.9

2006 BMW 330 suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 BMW 330:

2006 BMW 330 Owner Comments

Jun 192016

330

Upon test driving on city street this vehicle with a friend and my brother we realized it had a hard limp to the front passenger tire. After returning it to the lot the salesman informed us it needed a sway bar replace to leave it a couple days and he would have it repaired. After picking it up driving on the city street I realized not only did it have a leak but there was a noise involved this time. I immediately called the car lot and they instructed me that it was only a mud flap rubbing the tire. After taking it to my personal mechanic he told me that my car had been in a severe accident and the entire under carrier was damaged and it was a miracle it was mobile. Quoted price for parts $280 and labor $2100. When taking it to roadshow BMW they stated there wasn't any recalls. Bottom line is parts fell from under the vehicle while driving on the highway exiting this includes the following: Fog light on passenger side, small grill on same side, large bolt (not sure where it goes or where it came from), and another piece of medal. At this point oil began to run out.this car leans to the right now and after owning it for 4.5 months it was mobile for maybe 3 weeks" oh and I almost forgot to mention the tracker stalls the car upon occasions when driving. I've requested for my title via phone twice, via certified letter and fax. I can provide documents upon request. However, I don't own a scanner but will be available to fax if you give me your fax number. I've paid my car balance off without a title"

- Pensacola, FL, USA

Jan 162012

330 6-cyl

A knocking noise was coming from the front end whenever going over small bumps. Vehicle was taken in for tire rotation. While tires were being rotated, the technician noticed a lot of play in the front wheels. Upon further investigation, the ball joint that connects the front wheel assembly was extremely worn out causing approximately 6 inches of play in the front left wheel. The technician checked the right wheel and noticed that it too was becoming very worn. The technician told me that if this would have failed completely while driving, I would have lost control of the vehicle. Left front lower control arm assembly replaced by technician at owners cost. Owner contacted BMW about a recall concerning the lower control arms on 3 series bmws, and they said my vehicle was not under recall.

- Amarillo, TX, USA