2007 BMW 335 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 BMW 335:

2007 BMW 335 Owner Comments (Page 4 of 5)

Jun 162008

335

Multiple incidents with "engine malfunction. Reduced power" aka limp mode. On my 2007 BMW 335I sedan. BMW replaced fuel pump once, but now seems like the problem is repeating itself.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Jun 092008

335

I drive a BMW 335I and the fuel pump failed. Indications were long crank times, engine stalling while driving, and shuttering while driving. I know of many other BMW's with the twin turbo engine that have/had this problem. BMW needs to completely redesign the fuel pump so serious incidents do not occur while driving.

- Johnson City, TN, USA

May 302008

335 6-cyl

Initially, car was slow to start after pressing start button. Immediately experienced noticeable decrease in power. Car was not responsive at all whenever I attempted to accelerate. Exhaust note began to sound like there was a hole in the muffler. After 1 or 2 days, a yellow service engine light appeared in dashboard display. Afterwards car felt like it would stall out unless I depressed pedal to keep rpms up. The car was towed to the dealership where I was told when I picked up the car that the problem was due to a computer program failure. On my way home after 10 minutes of driving I returned the car to the dealership and told the service advisor that my car was not fixed and that I was experiencing the same car substandard performance. After a couple of days I was called and told the problem was the high pressure fuel pump. The car is till at the dealership as the part has not arrived at the dealership yet.

- San Marcos, TX, USA

May 052008

335 6-cyl

Drove car normally - no extraordinary event leading up to issue. Car threw engine error and ran under forced 'limp' mode. Took to dealer - they had to replace the high pressure fuel pump.

- Arlington, VA, USA

Apr 252008

335 6-cyl

Fuel pump completely failed; car undrivable, would start and then stall 5-10 seconds later. Initial stall occurred pulling out of a driveway onto a highway. BMW towed the car to closest dealership & diagnosed as high-pressure fuel pump failure. Pump replaced, car out of service for ~5 days during repair. Occurred with ~18K miles on vehicle. Multiple online reports of other 335I vehicles with identical problems - this requires a safety recall.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jun 102007

335 6-cyl

High pressure fuel pump failure.

- East Meadow, NY, USA

May 192008

335 6-cyl

High pressure fuel pump has been replaced twice on the vehicle.

- Anna, TX, USA

May 212008

335

1. high pressure fuel pump issue on May 21st led to the car stalling while driving and turning. Also put the car in "limp mode" (reduced power). Also, run-flat tires on the car have all bubbled/popped- have had car only for 5 months with 6800 miles. 2. car stalled numerous times while driving and would stall almost every time when car was stopped at a stop sign or red light. Before bringing the car in for service three days later the car stalled at least 5 times- BMW replaced the fuel pump yesterday.

- Jersey City, NJ, USA

May 152008

335

My cars high pressure fuel pump has failed (2 separate times) in high speed traffic, almost causing accidents. Car is a BMW 335I 2007.

- Severn, MD, USA

May 122008

335

2007 BMW 335I coupe : faulty high pressure fuel pump they changed my fuel pump to remanufactured fuel pump. They should change this to new one.

- Bellevue, WA, USA

May 192008

335 6-cyl

2007 335I went suddenly into a limp mode while driving on a busy road. Car behind me almost rear-ended me due to the sudden slow down. I was able to control the car and drive into a parking lot. The car had to be towed to the dealership. The dealership told me my fuel pump had failed. They have promised to get it repaired in couple of days. My car just had 6000 miles and it is not even a year old. I saw on the internet that lot of people have had this problem since way back from 2006. If BMW was aware of this issue, why did they not fix this problem before selling the car?

- Katy, TX, USA

Dec 012006

335

I purchased my BMW 335I from a costa mesa used car dealer. The problem with the high pressure fuel pump was disclosed to me at time of purchase. However this vehicle was at one time in its life, affected by this problem that so many other 335I owners are facing. While I didn't provide the VIN number, the car was manufactured in September 2006. The original owner of this car brought the car into a ca BMW dealership and it was ultimately bought back by the dealership, repaired, sent to an auction, where it was purchased by the used car dealership that I purchased it from in April 2008. At the time of purchase the vehicle had 4000 miles, so this problem occurred rather quickly.

- Kansas City, MO, USA

May 142008

335

April 2007 build BMW 335I coupe stalled in the middle of the road due to failure of high pressure fuel pump. After taking it to a BMW dealer, it was replaced and problem appears to have been solved in my car. However, I do believe that this issue is relatively common among 335I owners and is very much a safety issue. A car with this problem is prone to stall in the middle of driving and that could be a very dangerous scenario. In my case, BMW was very good about replacing the part. But I think for a lot of people, they may not know that this potential problem is lurking in their car. There have been a large number of owners on the BMW enthusiast forums who have experienced this problem.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Aug 102007

335 6-cyl

While driving the car hesitation occurred out of nowhere, car started idling poorly and engine reduced power came on dashboard, limp mode, car shut off, tried to restart and it restarted after several attempts, engine warning light came on and car idled really bad wanting to shut off at every stop, took it for service at dealer and was diagnosed with a defective high pressure fuel pump, replaced under warranty. Car was 2 months old with only 2,300 miles on it.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Mar 152008

335 6-cyl

The high pressure fuel pump on my '08 BMW 335I failed. I am reporting this because of the high incidence of failures of the fuel pump on this vehicle. No one was injured but if the pump had failed while driving it could have caused an accident.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Sep 122007

335

Slow starting starving for gas always happens after the car has been off for overnight. This leads to the car going into limp mode that is dangerous on the road. A common issue with dbw new 335 engines, fuel pumps have been a major problem with many cars either not starting or going into limp mode. Replaced with the same pump that has failed in many cars from 2007 to now 2008 models.

- Highland Village, TX, USA

Jun 152007

335 6-cyl

--1. car started to idle rough when started from cold. Car would shake at traffic stops and often feel sluggish during acceleration. --2. high pressure fuel pump failed and car went into limp mode. Limp mode immediately shut down the car and could not be started again. This is a safety risk as car shuts down and could cause serious injury when traveling at high speeds. --3. after waiting 32 days, the high pressure fuel pump was replaced. BMW North America claimed national backorder on the part. BMW kept the failed fuel pump.

- Vienna, VA, USA

Dec 222007

335 6-cyl

2007 BMW E92 335I had fuel pump replaced due to car going into limp mode. Car had fuel pump replaced. Driving on six-lane highway 101 North of san francisco, crowded highway, the car went into limp mode and stalled in the fast lane. Traffic from behind car almost rear-ended car three-times before I was able to frantically pull to a safety lane. I thought I was going to be killed in this situation and never in my driving career was as frightened as I was when my car put me in a very dangerous situation.

- San Francisco, CA, USA

Apr 072008

335

I currently own a 2007 BMW 335I sedan that was purchased April 2007. A year later I went into the dealership for my first scheduled maintenance (oil change) and also reported to the service advisor that it took longer cranks or multiple cranks to start the engine. After some diagnostics ran on the engine, it was determined that the high-pressure fuel pump was failing and about to fail soon. The dealership decided to replace the failing pump. Fortunately I didn't have to experience with any dramatic or catastrophic events while operating the vehicle, though there were some other owners of the similar vehicle had experience near-accident situations. Nonetheless, the fuel pump showed signs of failing and I'm just happened to bring the car in time to replace it.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Jun 162007

335 6-cyl

I purchased a 2007 BMW 335I on 15 June 2007, on 16 June 2007 the car would not start in the grocery store parking lot. After several tries the car stated and we stumbled home. After arriving home the car started and stalled, then all the engine warning lights came on. Bottom line car was towed to dealer, and high pressure fuel pump had to be replaced. The car had 238 miles on it. It took 3 weeks for the dealer to get the part. This is a common problem on the 335 series car. If this happens in traffic or on the highway, it could be a disaster. This requires some immediate scrutiny as it is still happening on cars with replacement pumps and 2008 models as well.

- Schertz, TX, USA