2009 BMW 335 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 BMW 335:

2009 BMW 335 Owner Comments

Aug 212015

On 8/21/2015, I was driving my 2009 BMW 335D to work when it suddenly lost power and started spewing smoke on jefferson ave. I pulled over near my work and saw smoke seeping in from the steering column. I exited the vehicle immediately and opened the hood and saw that the engine compartment was on fire. I ran inside my workplace and grabbed a fire extinguisher and cautiously returned to the vehicle. I was able to put out the fire. After filing a claim with state farm, the claims adjuster and plaza motor company BMW came to the determination that the car's wiring harness malfunctioned and that they're going to replace it. But that's not my issue. I'm concerned with how the fire started in the first place. Plaza motors nor state farm can tell me why or how it happened but they are willing to replace the defective part and have me drive the vehicle again without any assurances that this will never happen again. I was fortunate enough to had exited the vehicle before the car was engulfed in flames and I was also fortunate enough to had been close to a fire extinguisher. My complaint is that I feel like my claim is being handled in a very leisurely, run-of-the-mill manner akin to changing a flat tire or a dented bumper. But a car spontaneously catching fire is anything but typical. Plaza motors and state farm's casual nature is disconcerting to say the least. I do not feel safe driving this car ever again. I don't feel like BMW is taking any responsibility for their catch spontaneously catching fire. Also, one week prior to the fire, I had a diagnostics test conducted on my car by autohaus BMW in St. Louis, mo and the two minor issues were unrelated to the electrical fire.

- Florissant, MO, USA

Jul 102015

Have a 2009, BMW with 45,000 miles and my axel(both) are in need of replacing due to rust. When I took my vehicle in for repairs I was told by my service advisor that this problem is occurring a lot in 2009 & 2010 vehicles. Maryland is not a flood zone state and the vehicle is too young with low mileage to have this problem. This clearly a factory problem! it no way a vehicle with 45,000 miles is in need of an axel replacing due to "rust".

- Idlewydle, MD, USA

Jul 052015

Inside passenger door handle melting

- Port Orange, FL, USA