2011 BMW 335 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 BMW 335:

2011 BMW 335 Owner Comments

Nov 012011

I would formally like to report a major safety concern I have regarding my new 2011 BMW 335is convertible. From a standstill without modifying any of the default configurations on the car, flooring the gas pedal, the car lurches forward (as expected) and then power completely cuts out for a second and then will continue on its way. My guess is the dsc is kicking in causing power to be reduced and then re-established. My concern is that a brand new car should be able to be floored without this happening. I recently had this exact situation occur as I was pulling out into traffic and very narrowly missed getting pummeled by another car when power was cut to my car. I have taken my car to my BMW service station and although they agree that the car should not do this?they at the same time say the car is operating normally. Their advice was to turn off dsc in a situation I want to floor it. This is my 3rd BMW 3 series convertible and I have never experienced this. Also, I do not think the driver should be forced to consider this before pulling out in traffic. And, if I were to lend my car to a family member, how would they know.

- Aurora, IL, USA