2.7

2011 BMW 335 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 BMW 335:

2011 BMW 335 Owner Comments

Aug 252015

335

In the short period of time Iżve owned my 2011 335xi, I have had to -have the tire pressure monitor reset to factory settings because it kept coming on even though my tires were fine. Disconcerting at best when youżre a single woman commuting at high speeds every day on a turnpike in traffic. -continually replace burned out daytime running or rear brake bulbs -deal with an ongoing surge or lurching when I start from a stop, worse when the A/C is on, that repair shops still canżT pinpoint -replace the front control arm bushings -replace the water pump and thermostat (and worry about possible engine damage from the overheated engine; car had to be towed on my way home from work) -replace the starter -replace the engine tension belt -I will soon have to replace leaking oil filter housing gasket -and I have a probable radiator leak, as IżM refilling coolant approximately every 4 weeks (to the point where I keep a gallon of it in my trunk, with a funnel, for when the light comes on) to date, in the two years Iżve owned this vehicle (I bought it off-lease), Iżve already spent almost $5,000 on what should be completely unnecessary repairs for a high-end vehicle.

- Doylestown, PA, USA

Jun 152015

335

This is a know fault problem that is directly tied to emissions of the deisel engine starting at 2008-2012 for all BMW deisel engines. Maybe even newer models. This so called scr temperature sensor that is located inside the def (urea) tank fails, which in term fails the smog inspection if it is not replaced. Some owners and dealers have replaced this tank/sensor ( which is one part together, cant buy separately) under emissions warenty. But most dealers will deny the fact this system is the primary system of emmission. And if it's not working how intended I'm sure emissions of this car won't meetc the federal or state requirment. Please look into this and get this fixed/ added to the emmission system failure list.

- Roseville, CA, USA

Feb 202012

335

I ordered a brand new 2011 BMW 335I xdrive and it was delivered on April 19, 2010. The 2011 model year came out early. On Feb 20, 2012 I had a difficult time starting the engine after sitting overnight...it would take too long to start, cranking for a long time. Brought it to BMW in warwick ri and they ran short tests and found nothing wrong. Another time I would smell a strong odor of gasoline and I was not by any gas stations or other cars. Brought it to the same service center and they could not find anything wrong. Another time my car stalled out unexpectedly, but was able to start it again. This week on May 21st 2015 dropped the car off to have another tire replaced because I hit a pothole (8 tires replaced in 34,500 files, 4 replacement tires due to potholes). I also complained about the car taking too long to crank over 1st time in the morning. They kept the car overnight and their technician had the same starting problem that I experienced and they ran a diagnostic. They said the high pressure fuel pump and the fuel rail pressure sensor had to be replaced. The service advisor said it was a two-part repair. He said BMW would cover the $885 high pressure fuel pump but I would have to pay for the fuel rail pressure sensor which was $391. If this takes two parts to repair, then why isn't BMW paying for both parts? I called BMW headquarters in woodcliff lake NJ for a resolution but I was told I would have two wait up to 5 business days for an answer. I found many BMW blogs online complaining about high pressure fuel pump failures and repeated failures after the high pressure fuel pump was replaced. My car has less then 35,000 miles on it. The 2011 BMW 335I xdrive with the N55 engine should be included in the previous recall since they use the same high pressure fuel pump as previous year models that were recalled and BMW should pay for the full repair

- Riverside, RI, USA

Mar 252015

335

I'm having the exact same issue the 2007-2010 BMW 335I's were having with the fuel pump. Reduced engine power error message on navigation screen.

- Grovetown, GA, USA