2011 BMW 335 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 BMW 335:

2011 BMW 335 Owner Comments

Jul 142014

335 6-cyl

Cracked wheel rim- with no preceding incident hitting a large pothole, etc.

- Huntingdon Valley, PA, USA

Sep 122013

335 6-cyl

This complaint is concerning my 2011 BMW 335I. I have been having problems with my BMW since about 9000 miles on the vehicle. The brakes keep locking, the rotors keep grinding and grooving, nose coming from the brakes while driving and stopping, and the dealer has changed them more than 3 times and the issues continues to happen. They advised me that they cannot fix it and there is nothing else they can do. Please help me with my vehicle issue. It has been parked from more than a year and a half and I feel that it is a safety issue. I feel like my life is in danger if I drive this vehicle.

- Anaheim , CA, USA

Dec 082010

335 6-cyl

I bought my BMW 335I xdrive brand new...ordered in Jan 2010 and delivered on April 19, 2010. Since I've had the car, the front passenger side tire was replaced 3 times (within 20,000 miles) because of pothole damage to the sidewall of the tire. Also, the car required realignment. In August 2012, I had about 22,000 miles on my car and had to replace all of my tires ( except the passenger side left front, since that was the tire that was already replaced 3 times prior to having 22,000 miles on my car) because they were worn out. The Bridgestone run-flats are expensive for my BMW. The cost to replace one front tire was $430. Luckily, I had purchased the tire warranty when I bought my BMW. The warranty was $1,000. I feel I am being ripped off though. Why, after spending $60,000 on a new BMW should I have to spend almost $3,000 on tires in less than 3-years of ownership which includes the $1,000 for tire/wheel insurance. I have had at least 12 different makes and models of cars since I've had my license and I have never spent as much money on tires for one car as I have for my BMW. I would like to see a class action lawsuit against BMW and the tire manufactures for producing and selling a product that was intentionally designed to fraud the consumer. They knowingly produced and sold a tire that had a short life-span, highly susceptible to damage from a typical pothole, and expensive to replace. They also offered the most expensive tire warranty in the industry...the cost of the warranty indicates that they knew these tires would be replaced often. I will also contact the ftc and BBB.

- Riverside, RI, USA

Apr 082013

335 6-cyl Diesel

Monday morning pulled the car off the garage and noticed the front passenger tire light was on. Thought it was a nail in the tire and stopped at ntb to fix it. After taking the wheel off the car, the mechanic called me and indicated that the rim was cracked and they cannot do anything. My car is under warranty so called BMW and brought the car to the dealership. They took the tire off the rim and made pictures, however they kept a neutral tone saying that BMW does not cover wheels and tires under warranty, mostly because I probably hit a pothole. The wheel has no curb damage and the car is driven 50 miles/day highway. I did not damage this wheel and it appears to be a manufacturing defect, one of many people complain already on the net. When is BMW going to take responsibility for their product, specially when thinking that a wheel might rupture on the road, at 50-60mph?

- Carrollton, TX, USA

Apr 092012

335 6-cyl

On Monday April 9, 2012 while traveling on hagedorn road in East lansing, mi, (approximately 3800 hagedorn road) my BMW hit a pothole that resulted in a split rear rim, damaged front rim and blown tire while traveling at 35 mph. The pothole was of an 'average' depth for Michigan. (pictures can be provided). Interesting is the amount of time (while purchasing the car in December of 2011) that the salesperson tried talking us into purchasing extended warranty coverage for tires and rims. He mentioned that he knew of many customers that had blown tires because of Michigan winters and potholes. I declined coverage since my Lexus with similar rims and low profile tires never had a problem during the five years I owned the car in Michigan. I believe BMW is aware that their wheels are susceptible to extensive damage in northern tier states and that there is an inherent design flaw in their product. Further, I believe they are trying to financially capitalize on this by selling extended warranty coverage.

- Canton, MI, USA