2003 BMW 525 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 BMW 525:

2003 BMW 525 Owner Comments

Mar 052011

525 iT 2.5L Dohc 24 valve 6 Cyli

I have 525i 2003 BMW(45223 miles) purchased new from IRVINE BMW 2003 . It has started leaking engine oil so I took it to Shelly BMW to check. Shelly BMW said 1) FILTER HOUSING GASKET 2) OIL PAN GASKET 3)VALVE COVER GASKET ARE leaking and it'll cost $2296.30+Labor and Tax. I paid $136.00 for diagnosis fee.. I asked the technician who checked my car, How is it possible 3 different gaskets go bad at the same time? He said it is not normal but it happened on some BMW model as well. It clearly indicated that this car has Manufacturing defect after all. So I called BMW NORTH AMERICA report my problem to Miss Kelly. She said she needed time to check my case with SHELLY BMW.TO FIND. After more than a week later she called me and said there is nothing she can do for my car. I asked her if you think this is normal problem for a car like BMW 525I? She said she doesn't know.I asked her if you have any Technical people or Department I can talk to? She said NO. I was really disappointed to North America BMW the way they treat the Customer.I really don't know how to solve this problem. I need your help!!

- , Buena Park, CA, USA