2.0

2004 BMW 525 lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 BMW 525:

2004 BMW 525 Owner Comments

Dec 052014

525 6-cyl

Very unpleasant experience with the decisions of BMW upon this car and its headlights. Any car of this chassis E60 from the dates 2004-2010 have rotting problems with the wiring on the inside of the headlights. Asking around did not help my situation one bit at all. All the wires on the inside of the headlight have been stripped since the insulation surrounding them have been degraded down. Causing shorts, massive problems with adaptive headlights, etc. Googling this found thousands of others frustrated all across online forum discussions about the same problem. Something needs to be done about this, you cannot drive on these for too long. My adaptive headlights failing put my security at risk when I relied on them to help me while driving.

- Brentwood, TN, USA

Jan 162013

525

The seat belt and airbag warning light are on in car, based on my research, I've found that this is manufacture fault, when I called BMW dealer they told me that my car is not covered under the recall campaign for the same manufacture fault. I think BMW manufacturer is at libel at present, let's just hope nothing happened to myself and family while operating this vehicle. I want BMW to add my car to the recall campaign because this is a safety issue.

- Boynton Beach, FL, USA

Nov 172011

525 6-cyl

Warning notice on "I drive" system that there was an emergency with the lighting system and the car should be stopped immediately. Directional signals no longer worked, emergency flashers were inoperative and headlights not operating properly. Brought car to dealer the next day and the problem was corrected with an update to the "I drive" software leading me to believe that BMW is aware of this very serious safety issue but has chosen to ignore it until owners experience the problem and then the owner has to pay for the update to correct the software glitch. My cost was $320.92.

- Bogart, GA, USA

Oct 052004

525 6-cyl

My wife started the car and the headlights and hazard lights began flashing and turn signals did not work. Shut off and restarted the car multiple times with same effect. Drove car to BMW dealer. Dealer technician saw same results. He disconnected battery, restarted car, rebooting the I-drive computer, and could not recreate problem.

- Aurora, IL, USA