2.1

2005 BMW 525 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 BMW 525:

2005 BMW 525 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jun 082012

525 8-cyl

While driving with my family over the weekend, I noticed the passenger air bag and seat belt light illuminate on the dash. The idrive stated there was a malfunction in the pass air bag. I took my car to the nearest dealer the next morning after finding that this is an ongoing/ common issue with the 5 series. But what I don't get is why is my vehicles VIN not included"? it's obvious this is a defect with the production of these vehicles so why should myself or any other owner be responsible for this expensive repair? why are there only certain vehicles included" then I find out that if I'm in a crash, my passenger will not be protected!! this is not fair to owners and BMW should be held fully responsible. Another thing I don't understand is that I have a recall on the battery cables and that's covered! I read online that certain vehicles depending on the production date (thru 11/2005) are covered under the airbag recall. Well my BMW was manufactured in 11/2004! again, I don't understand why my VIN isn't covered. Not fair!! please help.....

- Melrose Park, IL, USA

Jun 112012

525

I was leaving the bowing alley and noticed the restraint system malfunction light was on and it will not go off. I called the company in reference to a recall about the same problem, however, they claim that my VIN # isn't covered under the recall id # 73379 or NHTSA campaign number 08V384000. It is very disheartening to save up and buy your dream car to only have it to malfunction in a months time. I don' T have any faith or trust in the BMW company and will not recommend them to anyone. They are not loyal to their customers and fail to stand by their product. I will go back to Ford.

- Grovetown, GA, USA

Dec 232011

525

The contact owns a 2005 BMW 5 series. The contact stated that the passenger side air bag warning lamp illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who diagnosed that the sensor pressure mat on the passenger side seat was defective and needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure who did not offer any assistance since the vehicle was not included in any recalls. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and the current mileage was 34,000.

- Honolulu, HI, USA