1.8

2006 BMW 525 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 BMW 525:

2006 BMW 525 Owner Comments

Apr 272015

525

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 525I. The contact stated that the passenger side air bag and seat belt light continuously illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, where the technician diagnosed that the battery needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired, but the failure persisted. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 108,000.

- Temple, TX, USA

Jan 012013

525 6-cyl

My BMW 525I has a passenger restraint system warning; fault in passenger restraint system effecting airbag, belt tensioner, or belt force limiter. This has caused the airbag system in the passenger side to be permanently turned off and acknowledges faults in the restraint system. I feel this is extremely unsafe for passengers in my vehicle. A mechanic has told me there is an issue with the occupant detection mat which appears defective. I observed that there has been a recall on a similar issue with the BMW vehicle (recall id 08V38400). I attempted to contact the dealership, North scottsdale BMW and BMW costumer service but both said the recall didnt involve my vehicle even though it included the same make and model with the same issue.

- Phoenix , AZ, USA

Dec 072011

525 6-cyl

Airbag light came on dash and seat belt, when I slammed on my brakes when a dog ran in front of me while driving.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA