2007 BMW 525 lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 BMW 525:

2007 BMW 525 Owner Comments

Jan 022016

Went to replace my front headlamp bulbs after headlamp failure while operating my vehicle at night, on a winding road, in rural Texas. Mechanic pulled the "sealed" housing, and discovered that the majority of the wires in the headlamp assembly had faulty insulation. The insulation had "flaked" off to the point that many of the wires were exposed, causing a short circuit, and failure of the headlamp. Researched the issue on many forums, and it is a common occurrrence. Replacement costs of each headlamp assembly is approx $1500. The use of subpar insulation appears to be the cause of this safety issue.

- Richmond, TX, USA

Jul 012016

When I realized a lightbulb in my headlights went out I bought the bulb online ready to replace it. I realized when replacing that the wires connecting to the headlights are completely flaked off. So I wanted money on a new bulb because it won't light up regardless. Now this not only causes the bulb to not work but it messes with the lights in the whole side of the headlight. My entire left headlight tweaks. Sometimes jus one parking light is out, then it's the high beam that doesn't work, then it's the low beam. Sometimes when I have low beams on the left headlight has its high beams on by itself. All this happened because I tried to change a bulb and the wirings jus flaked off as soon as they moved or bended a bit. This is very dangerous because my headlight won't work sometimes and that makes me not so visible at night. Also I end up unintentionally having my high beams on with no way for me to turn it off besides completely turning off my headlights. Pretty sure it's an electrical or fire hazard too to have a bunch of naked wires side by side. Fault number 2 is the brakes. When coming to complete stop my car jerks. There's nothing wrong with the brake system. I talked to a couple people with the same model car as me and they all had the same problem. It just happens once the car gets to a high number of miles. Something should be done about this because a functional car shouldn't be jerking when coming to a stop. Especially if the brakes are in perfect condition.

- Clermont, FL, USA

Nov 102015

LH and rh adaptive headlights wiring insulation is crumbling possibly resulting in a electrical headlight fire from the exposed bare wires.

- Fife, WA, USA