1997 BMW 528 cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 BMW 528:

1997 BMW 528 Owner Comments

Apr 302013

528 A 2.0L

I just bought a 1997 528i series less than a week ago and just one day after I paid good money for this car it started to randomly overheat. I sent my husband who is pretty good with cars out to buy a new thermostat and of course the most expensive one along with a very expensive anti-freeze to fix the car and we did just that...replaced the thermostat and flushed out the radiator which took forever by the way because of where the stupid thermostat is on the motor and of course for a second we thought we fixed the problem but got less than a mile down the road and of course it got hot again. How do I know if I haven't done the head gasket in?

- , Running Spring, CA, USA