2.8

2008 BMW 528 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 BMW 528:

2008 BMW 528 Owner Comments

Dec 282016

528

I just discovered this yesterday, but feel that it could have been going on for a few weeks as the back of the seat was too hot at certain points and I had to turn it off. I have been noticing an odd smell more recently so I had a look at the seat and 3 small burn marks/holes are present. Could be dangerous if clothing or the interior of the seat were to catch fire.

- Hasbrouck Heights, NJ, USA

Feb 242016

528

Fraud activity possible clone refinanced identity theft remote access was put on unauthorized threat safety for owner. Two loan start dates one in repo

- Ft Worth, TX, USA

Dec 262011

528 6-cyl

Upon turning the seat heater on I noticed a burning smell and smoke inside the car. The seat was unusually hot. I felt a burning sensation and pulled over to find that the seat heating element had burned through the leather and two layers of a heavy duty winter coat. When I turned it off the smoke stopped. We took the car to the BMW dealership and was told it is not part of a safety recall or under warranty. Refused any monetary consideration and wanted $1400 to repair. Considering the car could catch on fire the repair should be considered a safety issue and repaired for free.

- Apex, NC, USA