3.0

2010 BMW 528 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 BMW 528:

2010 BMW 528 Owner Comments

Aug 042016

528

I took my vehicle to BMW irvine in California for a recall on my tail lights, they stop working, the recall was to replace both sides and they only did one. The side that burn out but they left the same connector which was burnt and with the wires loose and I wasnt even notify when I pick the vehicle until when I start driving the light stopworking again. They answer is not T heir fault dont care. Now my vehicle doesn't run and I got all kinds of wired messages on my idrive. Half way done recalls"?" bad customer service.

- Aliso Viejo, CA, USA

Aug 282013

528 6-cyl

I received a displayed message there was a malfunction with the rear lamp. When checking the tail light assembly and wiring, I noticed the connector on the tail lamp assembly was melted (plastic) where the brown ground wire connected. The male/female connector parts got so hot that the plastic connector was melted where the ground wire connects. This was on the drivers side, but it is likely the passenger side would have the same problem. The heat generated to melt the plastic connector could cause the ground wire to burn and the brake/rear lights to fail. With a failure of the rear lights, an accident could happen.

- Noblesville, IN, USA

May 042012

528

The contact owns 2010 BMW 528I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign id number: 12V126000 (electrical system:battery:cables) and called the dealer to secure an appointment for recall repairs. The dealer advised the contact that the recall campaign had not officially began and to call back within a few weeks. The manufacturer had not been contacted. The VIN was not available and the vehicle had yet to be repaired under the recall. The failure mileage was 25,000.

- Carrboro, NC, USA

Sep 142010

528

Air bag warning light illuminates with adult passenger firmly belted into passenger seat. Light remains illuminated for periods which vary from 5 minutes to 30 minutes. There is no way to tell if this is a defective light only or if the air bag is inoperative. An additional safety concern is that BMW diagnostic techniques are not able to detect this failure. BMW refuses to correct the defect.

- New York, NY, USA