6.9

2012 BMW 528 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 BMW 528:

2012 BMW 528 Owner Comments

Dec 242012

528

I ran over a pot hole, about 4" deep, and both passenger side rims were bent so bad that they have to be replaced. The tires also had to be replaced along with the electronic power steering module. Total cost of repair was $8,229 I previously had a BMW 750il 2008. I also hit a pot hole at about 45 mph and the front rim cracked and back rim bent. Both the rims and tires had to be replaced and cost over $3000. The bmws are just to heavy for the aluminum rims they come with. In over 40 years of driving I have never had a problem with rims until I started driving bmws, and I have hit a number of pot holes before. Someone should make bmws come equipped with steel rims. Their cheap rims are going to get someone killed.

- Montebello, CA, USA