2001 BMW 530 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 BMW 530:

2001 BMW 530 Owner Comments

Dec 192004

On December 19, 2004 I was driving my 2001 BMW 530I with the driver side seat heater in the on position. I parked the car in a parking lot, shut off the engine, and was exiting on the driver side, when I noticed that the back support portion of the driver side seat had caught on E and burned a hole through the leather interior. It also singed my winter coat that I was wearing at the time. I put out the fire and realized that the seat heater element had malfunctioned and caused the fire. To date, I've been working to have the seat replaced through BMW and its dealership herb chambers BMW of boston, but they have delayed the replacement, eventhough they have agreed to replace the same. No reason was provided for the delays.

- Billerica, MA, USA