2001 BMW 530 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 BMW 530:

2001 BMW 530 Owner Comments

Dec 152015

Takata recall 2001 BMW 530I several related to car accelerates has been reported for the 2001-2005 BMW 530I. Car accelerates on its own problem 1 failure date: 12/15/2015 we owns a 2001 BMW 530I. The contact stated while pulling out of a bank of America in miami, Florida parking space at 5 mph, the vehicle rapidly accelerated crashing into banks wall and the atm machine causing damage to the front of the vehicle and the decoration around the atm, but not the atm machine itself. Brakes were applied but failed due to the amount of acceleration. Only my wife was injured during the crash. After the crash we contact the dealership, they are trying to disregard our complaint and leave us on hold until the line drops. The failure happened with low mileage at just under 47,000 miles. Other vehicle speed control related problems of the 2002 BMW 530 vehicle speed control problems 4 car accelerates on its own problems 1

- Miami Lakes, FL, USA

Jun 012011

530 6-cyl

Car had experienced multiple overheating. At the time of incidents the overheating was a mystery, until after incident was that it was learned that these vehicles display problems with auxiliary fan which causes engine to overheat and develop irreparable damages. An electrical fire develop in engine bay which destroy all wiring, fuel injection system and transmission. Also, the block (which is alloy or weak aluminum) was damaged beyond repaired. Heads were replaced and it was hen that I learned block was a total loss. As a result, entire engine was swapped, and the transmission was overhauled. I contacted BMW of North America via email and telephone to inquire about recalls regarding this matter. There are recalls on the above mentioned factory defects, but my vehicle is not covered. I already spent around $8,000 in repairs because BMW claim my vehicles is not covered. Why is it not covered when it is presenting the same symptoms as the cars covered by recall. Also, because of BMW neglect in including my vehicles, I already spent thousand of dollars and the lives of humans being were put in jeopardy. Unfortunately, the auxiliary fan in Y 5 series is still not working and it cost between 3-5 hundred dollars to replace and that is not including labor. Why do I have to spend so much money when BMW should have built an excellent quality car for the money that this vehicle cost. The engine block material is of bad quality and its electronic system of extremely bad quality and BMW does not want to stand behind their product nd still claim to be, "the ultimate driving machine" a cheap Celica or corolla is of better quality for far less money.

- Los Angeles , CA, USA