6.0

2002 BMW 530 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 BMW 530:

2002 BMW 530 Owner Comments

Sep 212009

530 i

Yet another BMW problem!! . My car must have been built during Octoberfest!!

More BMW chronic problems, this time the door lock actuator. I took a chance and bought a used part( Since I don't plan on keeping this car much longer ) on EBay and it works !. I tried fixing this myself since I'm quite handy now in removing rear door panels and fixing the butyl leaks.

I began by removing the passenger front door panel no problem with that ( I highly recommend that you buy the $7 tool to remove the plastic clips on the door panels it will make your life so much easier Advance auto ). After this I tried to replace the look actuator but first you must remove the air bag unbolt and move out of the way (don't unplug will set off air message later) also remove the door latch from door ( drop down inside door cavity) also remove the rod for the door pull.. Well 1/2 hour later I managed to remove the old lock actuator but could not install the newer one. Seems to me like there is a trick to it or the outside door handle must also be removed to gain access to a protective cover that is in the way. Pain in the ass.. more trouble than I bargained for will need to finish this job at the dealer.

- , Saluda, NC, USA