2.2

2006 BMW 530 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 BMW 530:

2006 BMW 530 Owner Comments

May 022016

530

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 530I. The contact stated that when the brake pedal was applied, it was difficult to depress. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was not available.

- Princess Anne, MD, USA

Jun 102015

530

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 530I. While driving various speeds, the brake pedal extended all the way down to the floor and there was a delay when the brake pedal was engaged. The brake warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the brake booster needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 121,175.

- Newnan, GA, USA

Oct 182014

530 6-cyl

A leak developed in the power braking system, causing a vacuum loss and consequent reduction of power braking assistance. Mechanical braking is still available to slow and stop the vehicle.

- Oakland, CA, USA

Feb 022014

530

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 528xi. The contact the contact stated that the brakes failed to respond to deceleration attempts. The vehicle was being repaired and diagnosed by a private mechanic. The manufacturer was contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was 122,000.

- Danvers, MA, USA

Dec 062013

530

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 530I. The contact stated while driving various speeds the brake pedal extended all the way down to the floor and there was a delay when the brake pedal was engaged. The contact also stated that when he turned the heat on he smelled a burning odor in the seats. The air bag light sensor illuminated whenever the vehicle was turned on. The vehicle had been taken to the dealer and stated that there was no recall for his vehicle. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 89,000.

- Dallas, TX, USA

May 202013

530

On May 20 2013, my wife was driving the vehicle with my 5 years old daughter, suddenly brakes went out and car would not stop completely. After taking the car to a mechanic, he found out the brake booster the cause of the problem. After some research the mechanic saw a recall for BMW 5 series 2004-2010 for brake booster, he proceeded to call BMW of North America and they told him my car was not part of the recall. He took the brake booster out to find out the issue was exactly what the recall description details are oil in brake booster. He changed it, gave me a bill and the old part, and showed me the oil in it. I contacted BMW North America using the number on recall no luck kept getting recorder with info every time I pressed 0 as instructed to talk to a person I would get hang up on. I found other numbers on the web and finally one of the numbers worked where I talked to a live person. After 15 minutes or so, same answer your VIN number is not part of the recall even though the make model year and the problem fit the recall description, all I received was sorry this is not an open recall for you VIN nothing we can do.

- Avon, OH, USA