2006 BMW 530 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 BMW 530:

2006 BMW 530 Owner Comments

Jan 162013

530 6-cyl

We have a 2006 BMW 530I in January of 2013 we had a ignition coil go out with around 75000 miles which was about a 275.00$ to get fixed. Then on 6/26/13 we had 2 more ignition coils go out at 78000 miles, that time it was $507 $ to fix, this must be a faulty part because now 12/16/13 with 82000 miles it has happened again! I am going to pay for the remaining 3 to be changed. When I called BMW there was a recall apparently from 2002-2004 for this. By way of my VIN.# I found out my car was made 9/2005 I feel this problem never got fixed or simply just changing the brand of the coil was not the answer to the problem! because its not fixed. I have never owned a car with issues like this. When I spoke to a independent certified BMW mechanic I was told it has been a problem!

- Gresham, OR, USA