2007 BMW 530 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 BMW 530:

2007 BMW 530 Owner Comments

Aug 232015

The contact owns a 2007 BMW 5 series. The contact stated that while driving approximately 40 mph, the brake pedal was depressed and traveled to the floorboard. The vehicle came to a stop after applying the brake pedal numerous times. The failure recurred several times. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 13V045000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic). The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate mileage was 126,000.

- Cypress, TX, USA

Jul 312015

The contact owns a 2007 BMW 530I. The contact stated that while approching a traffic light, the brake pedal was hard to depress. The failure recurred constantly. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic, where it was diagnosed that the brake booster had to be replaced. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 125,460.

- Berkley, CA, USA

Jun 302014

BMW North America and jackie cooper BMW, okc, ok refused to repair my 2007 503I, on the basis it did not affect my vehicle NHTSA campaign id 10V446000 states that it does brake vacuum part failure by third party BMW mechanic and owner, failure occurred while in traffic NHTSA no help in resolution.

- Oklahoma City , OK, USA

Dec 262013

The contact owns a 2007 BMW 530I. The contact stated that while driving approximately 10 mph and depressing the brakes, the vehicle suddenly accelerated forward without warning. The contact stated that the brakes failed to respond and as a result, the contact crashed into a building. The contact was taken to the hospital for treatment of injuries to the ribs and muscle tearing. A police report was filed. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The vehicle was destroyed. The approximate failure and current mileage was 148,000. The VIN was not available.

- Fulshear, TX, USA

Jun 182012

530 6-cyl

The problem that I am having started on June 18, 2012, when I heard a clicking sound coming from the drivers? side every time I turned off the ignition. The clicking sound only occurred when I turned off the ignition, and was only heard from the front of the car. On June 19, 2012, I decided to visit the BMW service department to see if they could get to the bottom of this clicking my 530xi had. At this time, no error messages were present on the idrive system. I did not have time to have a diagnostic test that day, so I decided I would return the following day to have a diagnostic test performed on it. On my way home (1.5 mile drive), I had the following message on my idrive system "AWD, dsc, ABS, and emerg ebv" this had me very worried, and I started researching if other BMW owners were having the same problem as I did. After talking to several BMW owners, they pointed out to me that they also experienced this problem in the past, and that the problem that they had involved a defective transfer case actuator motor (BMW part 27-10-7-546-671). On June 20, 2012, I again visited the BMW service center and had the diagnostic test run on my vehicle. The problem came back as a defective transfer case actuator motor.

- Traverse City, MI, USA